PDA

View Full Version : SQL Connect/Repair Wizard - Is this How it should work?

Ianv
17-May-2017, 03:29 AM
I use Pervasive PSQL and decided to create a new Workspace using the ODBC Driver rather than the Pervasive driver. I created a ConnectionID, copied the Filelist into the Data directory, used DDBuilder to remove the .INT extensions, copied all the INT files into the INT directory and started up the SQL Connect/Repair wizard. I chose the Custom setting and checked "If INT file exists, use it to synchronize the definition for connected tables", expecting this to make relationships available. The wizard ran flawlessly. It rewrote the INT files but there was no relationship information in them. Of course, I alternatively tried the step which reads the Database to discover relationships but there were none, as I expected.

So, was I wrong to expect the Relationships to be retained from the INT files?

Ian

Martin Moleman
17-May-2017, 08:29 AM
I don't exactly follow what you are doing here. Are you trying to re-use the PSQL (DFBTRDRV) INT files to reconnect through ODBC?

I don't think you can use INT files from one driver to use in reconnecting with another driver. The general idea for a repair / re-connect is that there is an existing INT file for the same driver and that you recreate a new INT file from that.

Ianv
17-May-2017, 08:37 AM
I am not expecting to re- use the PSQL INT files just to have them act as templates to retain the relationships.
Ian