PDA

View Full Version : !! STOP DEBUGGING !! (probably just me)

Sture
8-May-2017, 04:02 AM
It takes longer than expected to get used to the stop-debugging icon being red.

Red makes me think I am performing an irreversible act. I waste 1 second 100 times a day because of that. That's 8 hours in a year :-)

Black might work better for me.

Is everybody else perfectly happy with a "launch-all-rockets-button" in the middle of the debug tool?

-Sture

Sture
8-May-2017, 04:56 AM
I now see that the "output" panel in the studio uses a black circle with a white square inside to signify "Exiting program in debugger".

This I believe, should be the "stop debugging" icon.

-Sture

phvwijk
8-May-2017, 08:48 AM
Sture,

I am still not happy with the icons in the studio. Working with 19 full time since release of the first alpha and still dislike the icons. Still are looking what is what for sure the ones I use not so often. One advantage I know the keyboard shortcuts better then before.

Peter

Sture
8-May-2017, 12:12 PM
Hi Peter,

I just looked through them, and it turns out that I only ever use the debug icons. And the save/save all buttons. And the open. And these other buttons I can still recognise.

But that one red devil makes me invoke my "am I doing something wrong" routine, which takes about a second, each time.

-Sture

chuckatkinson
8-May-2017, 05:52 PM
I think it might be universal that stop signs on the road are red, perhaps this is the idea used.

matthewd
8-May-2017, 07:05 PM
This is what I was thinking, I see a lot more red stop signs every day than "launch all rockets" buttons! (If I am ever in Europe I will avoid pressing any round red buttons with a square on them just in case.)

Harm Wibier
9-May-2017, 03:13 AM
This button? (https://previews.123rf.com/images/diddleman/diddleman1106/diddleman110600008/9660114-Launch-button-background-Stock-Vector-start.jpg)

Sture
9-May-2017, 03:19 AM
I would argue that there is considerable danger associated with not stopping at a full stop road sign.

Anyway, exaggeration promotes the understanding :-)

-Sture

Sture
9-May-2017, 03:21 AM
Yes :D

You might as well use that.

-Sture

Joe Coley
10-May-2017, 07:40 PM
With my color-blindness I can't much tell the difference - red, green OR black :-)
Maybe that's a blessing :rolleyes:

Mike Peat
12-May-2017, 09:33 AM
Sture - funnily enough, I just hit "Record Macro" when intending to stop debugging, since they look a bit alike (round red thing inside red outline, although different reds) and are in the same sort of place (even if on different toolbars).

Mike

Mike Peat
12-May-2017, 09:34 AM
PS - seems like the nukes didn't launch on that one either... or maybe you all only have 3 minutes to live now! :)

Sture
12-May-2017, 10:44 AM
:-) Yes, you never know how these buttons are wired.

The case is building.

-Sture