17-Apr-2017, 06:19 PM
Hi,

Order entry Web Mobile App workspace

Open ZoomOrder.wo
Show the preview
Click on "Ordered By"
Change the psLabel property in the properties panel. No probem
Click on salesperson
Edit the psLabel Property by positioning it at the end and use backspace.

For me it does not work. No delete and no backspace, you can add letters, copy, cut and paste.

Peter

Dennis Piccioni
26-May-2017, 03:32 PM
Hi Peter,

have you tried this again with Beta 3? I can't reproduce it here.

phvwijk
26-May-2017, 07:32 PM
Can reproduce it in beta 3

Peter

Dennis Piccioni
27-May-2017, 09:55 AM
Does it work in 18.2? How about another PC?

Evertjan Dondergoor
29-May-2017, 04:45 AM
FWIW: I cannot reproduce it either. it just works as expected.

flado
29-May-2017, 05:33 AM
I have had the same problem both in 18.2 and 19.0. It does not happen all the time, but randomly it seems. When it happens, I can "release" it by clicking into some other property, then back to the one I want to change and then it works as expected.

Stephen W. Meeley
29-May-2017, 08:30 AM
Peter,

I'm seeing this as well. The key to reproducing seems to be to not let the focus go anywhere else than the property you are trying to edit. As soon as anything else gets the focus (even another program) it'll work when you go back.

For what it's worth, the same thing happens in 18.2 (I didn't check back any earlier than that) and it's not specific to the designer with mobile framework apps, it happens with desktop webapps as well.

Tested on Windows 10.

Evertjan Dondergoor
29-May-2017, 08:43 AM
Yeah, now I can repdouce it as well. I have the habit to always leave the field after making a change. You can reproduce it without making a change though.

Garret Mott
29-May-2017, 09:06 AM
I do this too - probably a habit from the dark ages of the studio when it would not save the value unless you did this?

Stephen W. Meeley
29-May-2017, 09:13 AM
Exactly - you don't have to change anything, just go from one component to another in the designer and then back to the property panel. It seems to be something the Web designer isn't doing with the focus because if you try to take similar action with the Windows designer or Code Explorer it works fine.

phvwijk
1-Jun-2017, 06:49 AM
Stephen,

I had some troubles with the working in the code editor in a webobject with the preview on. Copy and pasting an object so getting a duplicated name, so the preview will stop displaying. Correcting it make the preview show the view again. But sometimes I cannot continue typing in the editor because the focus looks like not in the editor anymore.

Have not been able to find reproducible steps as of yet. Will try todo today or tomorrow.

Peter

Stephen W. Meeley
1-Jun-2017, 08:30 AM
Peter,

We're looking at the interaction of the web designer with the rest of the Studio now so if you can come up with a reproducible case of this it would certainly help.

phvwijk
6-Jun-2017, 07:21 AM
Stephen,

I am easy able to replicate it in one of my workspaces. But not in WebOrdeMobile.

Open a in this case select view.
Have the designer open.
Copy Paste one of the columns in code editor.
You will get de webapp designer to show Naming conflict
Move then the object name (mouse click of keyboard) add a "2" to the name and wait
Also when you try to continue typing the focus moves away from the code editor.
I do not know where it is. Because when I type nothing happens.

I can not be more helpful at the moment.

Peter

Stephen W. Meeley
6-Jun-2017, 03:13 PM
Peter,

This was enough to illustrate a problem. We're looking into it.

phvwijk
6-Jun-2017, 04:00 PM
Maybe you can build temporary something like a ctrl+F key which does a info_box with the focus object_ID and the name of the object of the current focus.

Peter