PDA

View Full Version : Direct_Input from mapped drive stopped working

Mike Peat
28-Mar-2017, 04:31 AM
I upgraded to Beta 1 (from Alpha 2) this morning and suddenly doing the following failed with "Can't open input file" on the Read_Block line when sImage contained a path to a file on a mapped drive (i.e: "Z:\VmShare\Pictures\Jessolo-2008\DSCF1091.jpg"):

Get Seq_New_Channel to iChn
Direct_Input channel iChn ("Binary:" + sImage)
Read_Block channel iChn ucaImage -1
Close_Input channel iChn
Send Seq_Release_Channel iChn

It worked when I copied the image I was trying to read in to a directory on my C: drive.

To reiterate - this didn't seem to be a problem under Alpha 2 (or anything else, come to that).

Mike

Samuel Pizarro
28-Mar-2017, 05:03 AM
The directory under C: drive is a system protectd one?
Does it prompts you with elevated privileges required to perform the copy?

If yes, try copying into a regular folder under your profile, and it should work.

If you really need to copy to a protected location you will have to use UNC instead of the mapped path.

I got the same error if I try the same using windows explorer.

Another alternative could be to copy to a temporary location under user profile in C: drive first, and then perform the final copy again from there to the original target.

Mike Peat
28-Mar-2017, 05:18 AM
Samuel

I had the file visible in Windows Explorer at the time (showing a preview quite hapilly).

This was working prior to Bata 1 being installed - done it dozens of times under Alpha 1 over the past 2-3 weeks testing.

Mike

Mike Peat
28-Mar-2017, 06:22 AM
OK, it isn't doing it now. Please ignore.

Mike