PDA

View Full Version : WebApp Check

DaveR
8-Mar-2017, 10:10 AM
Got a funny at the weekend. Just picked up a new laptop, so installed 19 alpha2. It hit the webappcheck and advised me that I hadn't installed the IIS bits.

I was on flaky wifi so continued through to the end, then when I got back to a better signal went looking for dataflexwebappcheck.exe to remind me of what was missing. I couldn't find it in the bin folder.

Reinstalled from scratch and all okay as I resolved the IIS stuff during the process.

My thought at the time was that hiding webappcheck made some sort of sense as it mightn't be appropriate to just plug in the IIS stuff after the fact, but I don't recall that happening before.

Stephen W. Meeley
8-Mar-2017, 10:13 AM
Dave,

If you continue the installation after it detects no IIS then none of the web components are installed - including webappcheck. This same thing would have happened prior to 19.0.

DaveR
8-Mar-2017, 11:04 AM
Dave,

If you continue the installation after it detects no IIS then none of the web components are installed - including webappcheck. This same thing would have happened prior to 19.0.

Probably but I don't think its mattered for a while as I've had IIS in place.

I'm not sure however that some variation of webappcheck shouldn't remain in place after a non-IIS install though. I can hardly be the first to change my mind and reinstall with after previously installing without and webappcheck is a handy way of reminding oneself what's missing.

Or is this what Dataflex Diagnostics is eventually going to be used for?