PDA

View Full Version : Studio Properties "Connection" bug

Nils G. Svedmyr
28-Feb-2017, 10:30 AM
A2.

If a database change is made "outside" the Studio like with DbBuilder or via code as I do with "The Database Update Framework" not all Properties panel values are updated correctly.

After an embedded table has been converted "most" of the properties for a table is correct but the "driver" under the "Connection" header is _not_
Even if I try the Table Explorer refresh button the problem persists. I have to load another workspace then reload to be able to see the correct property values.

The odd thing is that all (?) other properties (of the Properties panel) for the table seems to be correct. Hec, even some tables are just fine while some are not; weird!

Anyway, just wanted to report that there is something fishy with the driver info not being updated correctly in the Properties panel after a table has been converted to SQL. Sorry can't be more specific than that.

Edit: Forgot to mention that when this happens the driver still shows as "DataFlex".

Dennis Piccioni
28-Feb-2017, 04:23 PM
Hi Nils,

do the properties update if you Refresh the table(s) from the Table Explorer? What about if you close and reopen the workspace?

Nils G. Svedmyr
28-Feb-2017, 04:30 PM
Hi Dennis,

I tried to describe that I did use the Table Explorer "refresh" but that didn't help. And yes, reopen the workspace made it work again. Strange as it is only the driver info that isn't updated correctly!