PDA

View Full Version : BUG: SQL Conversion Wizard

raveens
23-Feb-2017, 03:50 PM
HI DAW,

Using the SQL Conversion Wizard - if you accidentally use a right-click on the Grid that shows the Table & indexes - you get a COM is null error as below:

Also, found that (after killing the process and restarting it and carefully not touching the Grid this time), all the table & field names are created using case-sensitive names

This means if I want to access the table via SQL I have to write the SQL statement as:

SELECT * FROM RP."WebAppServerProps" where "Data" = ''

The following statements will fail - because all the field names and table name are case-sensitive

SELECT * FROM RP.WebAppServerProps where "Data" = ''

SELECT * FROM RP.WebAppServerProps where Data = ''

SELECT * FROM RP.WEBAPPSERVERPROPS where "Data" = ''

SELECT * FROM RP."WebAppServerProps" where DATA = ''

It would be nice to have a "checkbox" on the wizard OR a driver attribute in DB2_DRV.INT to create case-insensitive table and field names.

See: http://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/showthread.php?60210-Suggestion-Driver-Attributes-for-Table-Field-Name-case-insensitivity

I guess the question is: But the user defined the Table as WebAppServerProps why change it?

A case-insensitive table can be create as per:

Where the physical back-end table is case-insensitive or uppercased, but the FILELIST entry is recorded as above - best of both worlds !! (for table names at least)

Thanks

Marco
23-Feb-2017, 05:01 PM
I agree, I cant think of a good reason to migrate a case insensitive embedded database to a case sensitive sql database.
The case sensitivity is 'only' important when adding sql tables to your dataflex filelist that are already case sensitive (not uppercase is DB2)

Samuel Pizarro
23-Feb-2017, 07:49 PM
Agree!

DF to SQL direction: option (checkbox) to convert using case insensitive.
SQL to DF direction: keep whatever is there in the backend.