PDA

View Full Version : Studio Save icon

Ian Smith
21-Feb-2017, 06:37 AM
The save icon is not responding to source code is changes until the Studio has initialised the designer.

1. Start the studio and open a workspace
2. Make sure that a source files is open, in code mode and selected
3. Restart the studio and reload the workspace.
4. Make some code changes - the Save icon does not become active.
5. Toggle in and out of designer mode or switch to and from a tab that is in design mode and the save icon will start responding to code changes.

Stephen W. Meeley
21-Feb-2017, 07:19 AM
Ian,

Confirmed. It seems to be only the save icon and menu open itself (the tab shows the file has been changed and if you try to exit it will tell you the file has changes).

BTW, this is not new to 19.0 - I confirmed the same behavior in 18.2 (and it may be older than that).

Evertjan Dondergoor
21-Feb-2017, 07:45 AM
Since you're collecting bugs that are not new :-), I accidently stumbled upon this one yesterday: Create a new program in any workspace. Remove all lines except the 'Use DFAllent.pkg'. Hit F5 and the studio crashes. If you add anything, like a showln or a sleep, it works as expected.

Stephen W. Meeley
21-Feb-2017, 07:52 AM
Actually it looks like if the only line is a use statement for a precompiled package (dfallent, windows, allwebappclasses, etc.) it will crash if you compile. Don't do that... :cool:

Ian Smith
21-Feb-2017, 09:34 AM
Well that proves how observant I am:(

Dennis Piccioni
21-Feb-2017, 12:13 PM
Logged as bug # 7244.

Dennis Piccioni
21-Feb-2017, 12:23 PM
Logged as bug # 7245.

John van Houten
1-Mar-2017, 01:49 AM
I can't reproduce the problem, but this may be a behavior that works differently on different Windows systems, I am using Windows 10.

What I think is happening is that the Windows Idle events are not being sent to the Studio in your particular case. Normally some activity needs to happen in an application otherwise the Idle events are temporarily suspended. The Idle events are used to update the toolbar icon states. If you move the mouse around over the Studio while it is the currently active application this should trigger an idle event which would change the Save Icon state, do you see that?

regards John van Houten
Data Access Corporation

Ian Smith
2-Mar-2017, 04:06 AM
Hi John

Windows 10 and definitely not an idle issue. I had made code changes and wanted to save them which I why I noticed that the save icon was not active.

We will have to put this down to one of “those” issues as I am now running Alpha 2 and the saving icon is doing exactly is says on the tin.

Regards

Stephen W. Meeley
14-Mar-2017, 07:35 AM
Ian (and others),

Just FYI we didn't get a chance to address this for Beta 1 - but we haven't lost site of it.

SandyYoung
4-Jan-2018, 05:18 PM
I'm running 18.1 - the latest patched version - with Windows 10 and it would seem that this is still not fixed. Or have I missed something?

Sandy.