PDA

View Full Version : Database Drop-Down Menu label to access the Connections Manager dialog

Clive Richmond
10-Jan-2017, 11:40 AM
This might seem a little picky but the label to access the Connections Manager dialog is inconsistent between the different tools. My personal preference is probably “Managed SQL Connections…” which would tie in with the current documentation.

Nils G. Svedmyr
10-Jan-2017, 01:25 PM
I've also made a note of this - but have not yet posted any of my findings - and I'm with you on the personal preference for "Managed SQL Connections..."

Vincent Oorsprong
17-Jan-2017, 01:45 AM
Clive,

Database Explorer supports the new managed connections as well the old way offered in 18.2 and before. That explains why it is labeled differently although it was not on purpose, just left the psCaption as is.

Clive Richmond
18-Jan-2017, 07:01 AM
Hi Vincent,

Database Explorer supports the new managed connections as well the old way offered in 18.2 and before. That explains why it is labeled differently although it was not on purpose, just left the psCaption as is.

Yes I noticed there were some smarts built-in when opening a database with an existing ConnectionIds.ini file. It takes the information, converts it to the new format and stores it in the DFConnId.ini which is great. However I still think the captions should be consistent between the tools.