PDA

View Full Version : Studio & Code Explorer

Clive Richmond
7-Jan-2017, 02:58 AM
The first time I go into the Studio and select a workspace the Code Explorer is empty. To break this state I have been hovering the mouse over one of the docked collapsed panels - arrange, nudge etc - and returning to the editor with a mouse click. Doing this refreshes the Code Explorer panel.

Originally I couldn’t work out why the ‘Configure Editor …’ option wasn’t available until I realised that the code explorer had to be filled. Although even when the code explorer isn’t filled out the editor’s floating pop-up menu allows access via its option ‘Editor Properties …’. So not sure why there is this restriction.

John van Houten
9-Jan-2017, 03:22 AM
Hi Clive,

This is actually not new. The Code Explorer (and other code views like the DDO Explorer) does not populate itself until a Code Editor tab window has the focus. Probably what is happening is that the configuration of open files and other tabs in that workspace is such that when the workspace is first opened there is no code editor on top to make the focus go there.

As soon as you click on the editor to bring up the editor's context menu then you give it the focus so that you can access the editor configuration (the editor needs the focus for this to work too).

Anyway it can be a bit funky but it is definitely an old issue.

regards John van Houten

Clive Richmond
9-Jan-2017, 03:45 AM
Hi John,

Thanks for the explanation.