PDA

View Full Version : Mixing web sites in WordPress

Ianv
14-Dec-2016, 06:57 PM
I will declare my ignorance here because you'll soon find out, anyway.

Currently, we have a web-site which is written in php and angular.js but for which most (soon all) the data manipulation is done by calling web-services I have written originally in DF 17.1 now 18.2. Login is also done by a DF service.

The biggest problem with php is editing data records in a multi-user friendly way. It can be done but is very tedious. DF of course excels at this.

Now comes my naïve question.
Google tells me that single-page angular sites can be integrated with WordPress and so, of course, can DF. Would it be feasible to integrate both the existing angular site and a DF site with WordPress so that the user could be switched seamlessly between the two? In that way, I could use DF's views for data editing and the existing web-site for the other functions it is currently performing. Ultimately I would expect to move the whole site to DF but still need to keep everything running smoothly in the meantime.

Ian

Mike Peat
15-Dec-2016, 03:52 AM
Ian

Short answer: yes, I think so. ;-)

Not so sure what exactly you mean by "the user could be switched seamlessly between the two" though. What exactly would be involved?

Mike

Ianv
15-Dec-2016, 07:49 AM
Mike,
DF html is written into a div called Viewport and a new view replaces the previous view in that same div. The angular site is similarly written into a div.
In seamlessly switching between web sites I have in mind that clicking on a button or link say in the php site would replace the html displayed in the browser with a DF view in the same space and vice versa.

Does that make sense?

Ian

Mike Peat
15-Dec-2016, 10:48 AM
Hmm... are you talking about having the two divs present on the same WP page then dynamically hiding/showing one or the other?

Mike

Ianv
16-Dec-2016, 06:41 AM
If that were possible it should give the desired result since each web site would be working independently.

Mike Peat
17-Dec-2016, 07:31 AM
Yes... in theory. I make no guarantees! :rolleyes:

Mike