PDA

View Full Version : What are Free 1, Free 2 and Free 3?

Michael Macliver
8-Nov-2016, 01:51 AM
Hi All,

In the "Other" tab under User maintenance there are three forms named Free 1, Free 2 and Free 3. Does anyone know what they are for and how they are used?

Mike Cooper
8-Nov-2016, 02:13 AM
Just a hunch, but I am thinking they are the free ones just before Free 4, 5 and 6 :p

Bob Cergol
8-Nov-2016, 06:13 AM
Hi Mike,

The doc says about them: "The Field Free 1 – 3 can be used for input of user attributes. Custom captions can be set by manipulating the System Text numbers, 853,854 and 855."

They are not anything you can reference in a dyn-view, or anywhere else that I'm aware of and none are documented -- so simply a place for you to capture some additional descriptive information about a user. I guess one could invent some use for it by reading the values from the DNMCUSERS table in the Dynamic AI repository. I use them in our public demo portal to keep marketing type of notes on users such as interest level, the date I last contacted them, and a note on my interaction.

The custom captions mentioned are defined as system parameters and can be set for each of the 10 aliases as well. For example you could change the "Alias 1" lable to say "Acct. Filter" by adding a system parameter where the following columns have the values shown:

KEY: SystemText
KEYVAL: 825
KEYTYPE: EN
DISPLAYVAL: Acct. Filter

Regards,
Bob

Michael Macliver
9-Nov-2016, 01:25 AM
Thanks Bob. Yes I saw the documentation on how to set the label for these and the aliases. Just couldn't find much on what they did, which is not much, so thanks for clarifying this.