PDA

View Full Version : Session 40

Jeff Kimmel
26-Sep-2016, 04:09 PM
All,

I have a web app where I am setting psURL of a cWebIFrame to a Dynamice AI report. This works well in most cases but I have a customer who is getting Session 40 abandoned errors when trying to run reports. This happens on his safari browser but not on Chrome on his i-phone. On my i-phone it works fine and the only thing I can tell that's different is his phone carrier (we are both using iphone 6's). Any thoughts or ideas on what I should check?

Thanks,

Jeff

Bob Cergol
27-Sep-2016, 07:03 AM
An abandoned session is caused either by:

1) A logout is sent.

2) IIS killing the session according to its idle session time-out settings. Default is 20 minutes. Dynamic AI keeps the session alive by "pinging" the server every one mintue less than whatever the IIS setting denotes. Of course if the browser is closed then IIS will kill the session.

3) App pool recycling. Default in IIS is 1720 minutes = 29 hours.

4) An illegal SQL inject or other fatal error. I've seen this happen where a user has no rights to a keylist report that is used by a report. If that report happens to be their home page, then you'll get that right off the bat.

Is this user able to login after getting the error the first time?

Bob

Jeff Kimmel
27-Sep-2016, 09:49 AM
Bob,

Thanks,

I issue a logout & then login when the app starts (to refresh the DAI user), however the issue happens only on certain devices (and never on mine...). As a side note, the url I pass in I uses the UID & PW in the url and the user is never able to get past the session abandoned message. I have a dashboard type setup where the user taps a button and I navigate to a form that shows the chart/graph via a URL.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Kimmel
27-Sep-2016, 06:07 PM
Bob,

I figured out the issue. It was an issue with cross-server calls. In Safari we have a .mobi and a .com. On the phone we go to the .mobi url. It works fine when you do it from Safari but when you create a hone-screen shortcut it stops working. When trying to log into Dynamic AI it just redirects to the login screen (or in the case of using the login URL) you get a session abandoned error.

Thanks,

Jeff