PDA

View Full Version : install didn't work

DaveR
1-Sep-2016, 02:43 PM
Existing WP site, followed the install instructions and created a new page to hold the sample shortcode.

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'df4wp_section_global' not found or invalid function name in /home/robinsonky/2016/wp-admin/includes/template.php on line 1294

Mike Peat
2-Sep-2016, 02:50 AM
Dave

Working on it. I'll get back to you.

Mike

Mike Peat
2-Sep-2016, 08:54 AM
Dave

Can you do the following: edit the file df4wp-admin.php and at around line 90 (outside any existing function definitions), add the line:

function df4wp_section_global() {}

If you have direct O/S level access to the WordPress machine, you can do this in any text editor (even - gasp! - notepad) at whereverWordPressIsInstalled\wp-content\plugins\dataflex4wordpress. If you do not, then in the WordPress Administrator Dashboard, go to (on the left-menu): Plugins -> Editor, then in the "Select plugin to edit" combo select "DataFlex4WordPress" and click the "Select" button, then click on the df4wp-admin.php entry on the right-hand side, clicking the "Update file" button when you are done.

See if that fixes the problem.

This is undoubtedly a bug, but one that has happened - AFAICS - silently during all of our testing. My delay in posting this response has been because I've been trying to figure out how it ever worked, and concluding that it didn't, but was failing silently and with no ill effects. Do you have some kind of PHP error reporting turned on on your WordPress site that would not normally be? Otherwise I'm a bit baffled! :mad:

Mike

DaveR
2-Sep-2016, 09:11 AM
Dave

Can you do the following: edit the file df4wp-admin.php and at around line 90 (outside any existing function definitions), add the line:

function df4wp_section_global() {}

If you have direct O/S level access to the WordPress machine, you can do this in any text editor (even - gasp! - notepad) at whereverWordPressIsInstalled\wp-content\plugins\dataflex4wordpress. If you do not, then in the WordPress Administrator Dashboard, go to (on the left-menu): Plugins -> Editor, then in the "Select plugin to edit" combo select "DataFlex4WordPress" and click the "Select" button, then click on the df4wp-admin.php entry on the right-hand side, clicking the "Update file" button when you are done.

See if that fixes the problem.

This is undoubtedly a bug, but one that has happened - AFAICS - silently during all of our testing. My delay in posting this response has been because I've been trying to figure out how it ever worked, and concluding that it didn't, but was failing silently and with no ill effects. Do you have some kind of PHP error reporting turned on on your WordPress site that would not normally be? Otherwise I'm a bit baffled! :mad:

Mike

re error reporting. I've a few plugins that might be scrutinising what going on, so maybe some combination of those? This is a site where I play, not a production one. I'll try the mod, I have filezilla access.

DaveR
2-Sep-2016, 09:16 AM
Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_front_page_template() in /home/robinsonky/2016/wp-includes/template-loader.php on line 49

Mike Peat
2-Sep-2016, 09:56 AM
Dave

That doesn't look like anything to do with DF4WP - are you sure (a) that this was working before you installed DF4WP and (b) you didn't do something erroneous in making the edit to df4wp-admin.php?

Mike

DaveR
2-Sep-2016, 10:12 AM
I've just been on vacation 3 weeks, I don't even know what day it is :)

I'll uninstall the plugin and make sure it still hangs together.

DaveR
2-Sep-2016, 10:30 AM
went to a backup without the plugin, and reinstalled it. Back to the original error so I will apply your fix again

Mike Peat
2-Sep-2016, 10:31 AM
Good news on one front anyway - it's Friday! :)

DaveR
2-Sep-2016, 10:43 AM
Okay the error is gone, nothing displays on the page though (except the <p>MyMusic</p>).

The page source contains this:

<!-- Embed a DataFlex Web Application -->

<!-- DataFlex Theme to preload -->

<script>

var sDfPreloadTheme = 'Df_Web_Creme';

</script>

<!-- DataFlex Engine -->

<script src='/”//www.dataflex4wordpress.com/MyMusic”/DfEngine/df-include.js (http://www.robinson.ky/%E2%80%9D//www.dataflex4wordpress.com/MyMusic%E2%80%9D/DfEngine/df-include.js)'></script>

<!-- DataFlex Custom Controls (do not remove this line, used for automatic insertion) -->

<script src='http://www.robinson.ky/wp-content/plugins/dataflex4wordpress/js/sizeFix.js'></script>

<!-- CSS height setting for DataFlex web app or view -->

<style>

#df4wp_webapp_view {

height: 800px;

}

#df4wp_webapp_view > .WebApp > .WebCon_Sizer {

height: 800px;

}

</style>

<!-- Initialization of the WebApp -->

<script>

var oWebApp = new df.WebApp('/”//www.dataflex4wordpress.com/MyMusic”/WebServiceDispatcher.wso');

oWebApp.pbXHRWithCredentials = true;

oWebApp.prop(df.tString, 'psWordPressInfo', '');

oWebApp.addSync('psWordPressInfo');

oWebApp.get_psWordPressInfo = function() {

return '7IVBvr/XRh8aRkrnv7I8OfU4m++/iXm/oSy9O54Pwdo6/hvhFh8IuqMLsIcnEf3GuWmRrR0J+Hs0/FDCi9yncVnUc5HKvKA++sEafroOCwhWsN2tGJhDDX0/r0cP+VEdc3kqyGR6sQgW5RlHxZ7APktVXK8yPNCXreFNkwoq/3oa8Wm2FZt7Q7QjpmguMUKxUz9k/sWxv5lnpOl2rIK6cl4zSdgWUaYh6OOacB84l9Z7XHtl/r+UhXChbcQ4+ES1l7wyPpnH8xoZ6jIBjj5wVj+7rEu+6M7x/8ihEpHp/mQYc76ZAH5NFeVjKjDhZUAPq3X/Te+BG6ZiNFPdpaCYD5wgObdJzLIbd3R3kUaQXrxCBlVsxtGDYA 8++JS1a73Y1+iOq7lt0p0IGF/vLSScPA==';

}

oWebApp.prop(df.tString, 'psWPInfoHash', '');

oWebApp.addSync('psWPInfoHash');

oWebApp.get_psWPInfoHash = function() {

return 'b19427a6ae4cd95aa3b732a8c43ae60c';

}

oWebApp.prop(df.tString, 'psWPIV', '');

oWebApp.addSync('psWPIV');

oWebApp.get_psWPIV = function() {

return 'SmePDvm2B5xSGz4hxxx+RA==';

}

oWebApp.displayApp('#df4wp_webapp_view');

</script>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>MyMusic</p>

<div id='df4wp_webapp_view'></div>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

</div><!-- .entry-content -->

<footer class="entry-meta">

</footer><!-- .entry-meta -->

</article>

Mike Peat
2-Sep-2016, 11:12 AM
Dave

In the shortcode, try removing any quotes around www.dataflex4wordpress.com/MyMusic - dunno quite why, but somehow those are getting passed into the plugin when they should not be - possibly because your WordPress page editor is doing "clever" things with smartquotes.

Good error report, BTW. Makes it quick and easy for me to see just what is going wrong! :)

Mike

DaveR
2-Sep-2016, 11:23 AM
Dave

In the shortcode, try removing any quotes around www.dataflex4wordpress.com/MyMusic (http://www.dataflex4wordpress.com/MyMusic) - dunno quite why, but somehow those are getting passed into the plugin when they should not be - possibly because your WordPress page editor is doing "clever" things with smartquotes.

Good error report, BTW. Makes it quick and easy for me to see just what is going wrong! :)

Mike

Bingo! thanks for the assistance

Mike Peat
2-Sep-2016, 12:06 PM
Glad to be of service - just happy you got it working! :)

Mike

Bob Worsley
2-Sep-2016, 09:00 PM
Better news in the colonies, a 3-day weekend!

DaveR
3-Sep-2016, 10:32 AM
Better news in the colonies, a 3-day weekend! UK one was last weekend. I was there, but on vacation so it wasn't like a day off at all!