PDA

View Full Version : U_ErrorSystem MUST BE DEFINED on WebApps

Oscar
21-Feb-2016, 11:52 AM
Hi All,

on RC2 I am getting a compile error only on the webapps... the same code works on the windows exe. This worked on all previous versions until and including RC1... it is old code that has been there since I believe v11 or previous.

I was able to replicate it on the WebOrder by including the three lines of code shown below right after the Use AllWebAppClasses.pkg on any other included files after that line.

Use Dferror.pkg
Object My_Error_Info_Object is a ErrorSystem
End_Object

Even though the ErrorSystem class is defined on the used file dferror.pkg still gives the error.

Thank you,
Oscar Mintegui

Dennis Piccioni
21-Feb-2016, 12:22 PM
Hi Oscar,

this class is for Windows only. The Web error handling classes should already be Used in the normal WebApp packages. What do you need this code for?

Stephen W. Meeley
21-Feb-2016, 12:28 PM
Oscar,

ErrorSystem is a Windows class and wouldn't be used in a web application. Even in an 18.1 web application your code generates the same error.

Oscar
22-Feb-2016, 09:49 AM
It make sense.... I never tried 18.1... I know it worked until 18.2 Beta4.

Regards,
Oscar

Oscar
22-Feb-2016, 10:20 AM
Found... a new USE that I added recently.... Sorry about that... I believe my memory is getting corrupted!

Anyway, while we are on this... what is the error object for a webapp. In windows I replace the error object so I can implement a log of errors to a file instead of just displaying it to the user...

Thank you!
Oscar Mintegui

Dennis Piccioni
22-Feb-2016, 11:54 AM
Look at cWebErrorHandler in the help.

Oscar
22-Feb-2016, 12:02 PM
Thank you Dennis!

Oscar