PDA

View Full Version : Border_Style in dbView

Garret Mott
16-Feb-2016, 08:13 AM
Hi -

RC2 (also RC1 & maybe beta(s)?) - I see that Border_Style in the Properties pane only has 2 choices: Border_Dialog & Border_Thick. Older versions have seven - as does the help.

In particular, Border_Normal is missing & while I usually don't do "normal" - this is one place where I always have. ;) Well - unless I want a view resizable of course.

Dennis Piccioni
16-Feb-2016, 12:49 PM
Hi Garret,

this was an intentional change, since the only Border_Styles that make sense for views are Border_Dialog and Border_Thick. Does that make sense?

Garret Mott
16-Feb-2016, 12:58 PM
Sure - if you say so :) I've always used Border_Normal - which may be the same as Dialog? Though I've never looked closely, I always figured Dialog might be different from Normal as a dialog is Modal.

Dennis Piccioni
16-Feb-2016, 01:40 PM
It's really not modal, Border_Dialog and Border_Normal look and act identical.

Javier
20-Feb-2016, 12:43 AM
All my views / panels are border_none or border_normal. In 17.0 first one don't use borders and the second puts only a black line around the panel. All the app is adjusted with the Skin. If you force to use only those, always appear a border OVER / AROUND the skin. Then the Skin Builder work goes to trash.

Javier

Dennis Piccioni
20-Feb-2016, 10:33 AM
Hi Javier,

this is not preventing you from using any other Border_Style, it only limits the selection for dbView objects to the two styles that are actually relevant to views. You can still manually add in any other style and any other style you already have still compiles and runs as before. Also, as I explained to Garret, Border_Dialog and Border_Normal look and act identical.

Todd Forsberg
20-Feb-2016, 03:15 PM
So if those two look and act identical, what's the difference? Why the two different style names?

Javier
21-Feb-2016, 08:17 AM
Thank you Dennis.

Javier