PDA

View Full Version : DataFlex 18.2.68.2 - Release Candidate is now available...

Stephen W. Meeley
3-Feb-2016, 09:54 PM
Data Access Worldwide is pleased to announce the Release Candidate build of DataFlex 2016 - 18.2. We have continued fixing bugs, implementing suggestions and addressing the issues reported in the Forum.

Build Notes - DataFlex 2016 - Release Candidate

You can download the Studio, Window Client and WebApp Server installations of the Release Candidate at:
ftp://ftp.dataaccess.com/pub/product...ftware/testing (ftp://ftp.dataaccess.com/pub/products/dataflex/Software/testing)

There are a significant number of changes between Beta 4 and the Release Candidate so we can't list the entire set of build notes in this announcement.

Use this link to read the full Release Candidate Build Notes (ftp://ftp.dataaccess.com/pub/products/dataflex/Software/Testing/Build_Notes%20-%20RC%201.htm) for complete details on all the changes.

Please download and test the Release Candidate as soon as possible and give us your feedback.

Best regards,

You Development Team

Allan Greis Eriksen
4-Feb-2016, 05:20 AM
I have just tested the boolean byref change but unfortunately it has made no difference to the TX Textcontrol COM object. It stills shows the context menu.

ArchieCampbell
4-Feb-2016, 10:59 PM
Quick question.
Do I have to uninstall Studio Beta4 first, or can I just install Studio RC1 on top of it.
Thanks.

Dennis Piccioni
4-Feb-2016, 11:59 PM
Hi Archie,

you should uninstall and reinstall. The installer probably wouldn't let you install on top, anyway.

seanyboy
5-Feb-2016, 03:46 AM
You can do it the way I did it.

Uninstall the old version while studio is open and have it partially uninstall.
Then install the new RC1 on top.
Then have Windows ask if you want to restart to "finish" the installation.
Restart, and watch the uninstall client for Beta 4 kick in and remove half of your RC1 install.
And then have to uninstall and reinstall it all again.

:-)

Garret Mott
5-Feb-2016, 07:21 AM
That's much more efficient! Thanks for the tip Sean.

@ Archie - don't forget to reboot in between the uninstall & install!

Focus
5-Feb-2016, 07:26 AM
Reboot not fade away .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZz2il4nhH8

Harm Wibier
5-Feb-2016, 08:00 AM
Closing all studio instances, webapp server and IIS before uninstalling works for me. But I do always check if the bin folder is empty after uninstall, if not a reboot is needed..

Bob Worsley
5-Feb-2016, 08:01 AM
and don't forget to reboot after the uninstall!

DavePorter
5-Feb-2016, 09:24 AM
Is it OK to uninstall beta 4 - reboot - update W8.1 to W10, reboot, then install 18.2 RC1 ?

Michael Mullan
5-Feb-2016, 09:26 AM
yes.

I Am Not A Lawyer.
Your Mileage May Vary.

:-)

Dennis Piccioni
5-Feb-2016, 10:18 AM
I just do it the right way every time and it takes maybe 5 minutes and then I'm done. Keep in mind that Stephen, Marcia and I probably uninstall and reinstall DataFlex more than anyone else on the planet.

Garret Mott
5-Feb-2016, 10:29 AM
Make sure that gets on your resumes! ;)

Dennis Piccioni
5-Feb-2016, 10:32 AM
:p

ArchieCampbell
5-Feb-2016, 01:20 PM
Thanks to all those that replied.

Here is what I just did on my Win7 workstation to upgrade from Beta4 to RC1
.1. Run WebApp Admin and click on Stop Service
.2. Close all applications in anticipation of a restart after the uninstall
.3. Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Uninstall DataFlex 2015 Studio
.4. Restart machine
.5. Install Studio 18.2 RC1. Run as Admin (not sure if I have to) DataFlex2016-18.2.68.2.Studio.RC1 and click a few buttons
Error:
Web Application Server Not Started
The DataFlex 18.2 Web Application Server could not be (re)started. .....

I went to WebApp Admin and all is well.

Nice that the sql_drv.cfg and sql_drv.dll files remained in ....\df18.2\bin

Again, thanks for all the tips.
Archie

Mike Cooper
5-Feb-2016, 03:44 PM
Lol