PDA

View Full Version : Why no piCurrentColumn property in cWebList?

Ianv
17-Jan-2016, 10:53 PM
The mobile interface encourages the use of WebLists > Zooms rather than WebGrids. One of the nice features of a cWebGrid which is not available in cWebList is the automatically maintained piCurrentColumn property which can be useful in the OnGetNavigateForwardData procedure.

Given that cWebColumnLink is common to both classes and supports an OnClick event, surely it's reasonable for cWebList to support piCurrentColumn so that the zoom can be made to respond to the clicked column rather than just OnRowClick.

Of course, I realize that it can be easily coded around and have just done so but built-in would be better.

Ian

Edit:
I have now found that cWebList should also support the MoveToColumnObject feature if piCurrentColumn is to be of real use. For the moment I'll make the cWebList a cWebGrid and disable the features I don't want. I would still like to see these features added to cWebList

Ian

Harm Wibier
18-Jan-2016, 03:19 PM
Not sure if I understand your problem here. The cWebList doesn't keep track of the current column at all. Only the special column types know when they are clicked and in that case you know so too as you handle the OnClick on that column object.

Can you come up with an example showing why you need this?