PDA

View Full Version : YAFR: Drop Files on to Editor

Michael Mullan
26-Dec-2015, 07:32 PM
I wanted to open all the INT files to fix the DB connection, so I selected in windows explorer and attempted to drop on editor pane. But it didn't work. I really wanted this to work.

MM.

Stephen W. Meeley
26-Dec-2015, 11:55 PM
Michael,

I just opened the Studio and dragged and dropped all kinds of files (including .int files) into the editor and it worked fine. What exactly happened in your case?

Michael Mullan
27-Dec-2015, 12:28 AM
I got a grey circle cursor (Don't do that) and no dropping.

Stephen W. Meeley
27-Dec-2015, 10:12 AM
It works fine for me, with all kinds of files from all kinds of locations.

One thing I just remembered (that someone else recently posted in the Forum)...

Are you running the Studio as administrator? If so, you can't drag and drop because of some Windows goo (nothing to do with the Studio or DataFlex) that keeps programs running at different security levels from certain types of interaction.

You can see this by running wordpad or notepad as administrator and trying to drag and drop into them as well.

Garret Mott
27-Dec-2015, 11:43 AM
Gotta love how MS makes one switch back & forth between auth. modes. Why can't a person just do everything an an admin? I know you don;t know the answer to that Stephen... :)

Michael Mullan
27-Dec-2015, 12:09 PM
yeah I am. That's because you told me to as well!

MM.

Stephen W. Meeley
27-Dec-2015, 12:14 PM
There has to be some way for it to be my fault...

Michael Mullan
27-Dec-2015, 12:48 PM
Of course. Everything is your fault!

That being said, the reasons for running in admin mode are making new virtual directories and editing MSSQLDRV.INT So how about helper apps for that that can be called with administrator rights?

:-)

Vincent Oorsprong
28-Dec-2015, 02:45 AM
Michael,

Since you cannot (easily) start the Windows Explorer with "run as administrator" I would suggest you open the INT files from the Studio itself.

Michael Mullan
28-Dec-2015, 01:08 PM
Then how do I open multiple documents concurrently?

Garret Mott
28-Dec-2015, 01:13 PM
Use the "old fashioned" open dialog (open folder button). You can CTRL/SHIFT-click to your heart's content there.