PDA

View Full Version : Studio: URL & Comments

raveens
29-Nov-2015, 09:02 PM
Hi DAW,

In 18.1, if you have a URL as/in a comment - the URL is in blue and you're able to Ctrl-Click on it.

// Website URL is:
// http://localhost/WebOrder_18_2/Index.html

In 18.2, this feature is depreciated - all text behind // is treated as a comment and URL are not live (can't Ctrl+Click) anymore.

Dennis Piccioni
30-Nov-2015, 02:08 PM
Hi Raveen,

I'm pretty sure this was a bug fix. Are you saying you want it to behave as before?

You can always copy and paste. You can also start a WebApp in numerous other ways, for example, right-click in Workspace Explorer and choose Open Application URL.

raveens
30-Nov-2015, 03:38 PM
Hi Dennis,

I won't call it a bug :)

I thought it was a nice feature to be able to ctrl-click a URL, even though it was within a comment.

I don't have a strong opinion on this either way - just thought I would point it out.

Marco
1-Dec-2015, 05:52 AM
I also thought it was a feature... And one I liked.

Focus
1-Dec-2015, 06:16 AM
+1

John van Houten
1-Dec-2015, 08:47 PM
Hi Guys,

This feature has not been intentionally removed, just changed - but it is still there. The regular expression that controls this setting previously did not support many URLS, especially with parameter passing and some less usual characters in the URL. I have fixed all that but apparently the fix has broken your localhost URL. I'll get that fixed.

regards John van Houten

raveens
1-Dec-2015, 10:53 PM
Sweet !!! ;)