PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion on the Web Designer Preview

velpenf
23-Nov-2015, 05:37 AM
Hi, (not directly 18.2 related)

Maybe it is already available, but then I didn't find it.
It could be useful to me that their is a switch in the Web Desgner Preview to manual update the preview instead of automatic. When it hooks in, the code explorer is non responsive for a few seconds. While coding, it shouldn't try to auto update. But, I want to keep the previewer open, to see how it interprets the changes (after my refresh ie, and not continuously)

Hope to be a little clear...
Kinds regards, Frank

John van Houten
23-Nov-2015, 05:44 AM
Hi Frank,

Have you tried the Beta release of 18.2? The previewer updates should be overall much faster in the 18.2 Beta. Especially if you are using tab pages or cards in a view.

regards John van Houten

velpenf
23-Nov-2015, 06:16 AM
Hi John, I have just downloaded 182B2 and I have written this comment because I was moving a 180/181 version. And my suggestion still stands. Sometimes the code explorer is not reacting, because of the previewer. When I close the previewer, it is not having that behaviour. My manual switch (to toggle with an autorefresh) is something that I'd like to have...
PS The parsing is indeed faster then with 180 /181

Bob Worsley
23-Nov-2015, 08:15 AM
A further reason, at least for me is when I'm copying an object and until I can rename it the viewer has to pause and tell me that it's wrong, then when I rename it the viewer pauses again to redisplay the page. I agree with Frank.

Maybe a switch in setup for the user's preference?

Samuel Pizarro
24-Nov-2015, 07:40 PM
+1 with the switch on user's preference. And if user select it to be manual have a new button/ícone in the toolbar to refresh it.

Regards