PDA

View Full Version : CodeJock 16.4.0 Unicode controls

Peter van Mil
19-Nov-2015, 06:54 AM
To my surprise the Unicode versions of the CodeJock controls are delivered with DataFlex 18.2. Aha, Unicode support????

The class cCJCommandBars.pkg is based on Codejock.CommandBars.v16.4.0.ocx and NOT on Codejock.CommandBars.Unicode.v16.4.0.ocx.

The delivered files are the files listed below. Is this intended?

Codejock.CommandBars.Unicode.v16.4.0.ocx
Codejock.ReportControl.Unicode.v16.4.0.ocx
Codejock.SkinFramework.Unicode.v16.4.0.ocx

John Tuohy
19-Nov-2015, 12:43 PM
This is intended and it is not really a change.

As we've mentioned before the COM interface is Unicode. In DataFlex all data goes in and out of a COM control via an OEM to Unicode translation. None of that has changed. It turns out that Codejock always provides two sets of of binaries, regular (ANSI) and Unicode. They have the exact same interface and are completely interchangeable. The regular version seems to be provided to maintain compatibility with some very old versions of Visual Basic. This is the one we've been using for years. While this doesn't impact our interface it seems to be being used in other common areas such as copy and paste. In very rare cases this may make a difference.

This time, we decided to try the Unicode version out. As I said, it should be interchangeable with the regular version. We have made no changes to accommodate one version or the other.

-John

Peter van Mil
19-Nov-2015, 01:24 PM
Hi John,

Thanks for the explanation. (I am glad DAW didn't accidentally deliver the wrong files).

Focus
19-Nov-2015, 02:34 PM
Sounds like they have a fresh supply of brave pills !