phvwijk
11-Nov-2015, 12:25 PM
Hi,

Does not seam to work to the studio.

Peter

Stephen W. Meeley
11-Nov-2015, 12:42 PM
Hi Peter,

Could you be more specific? I just tried drag and drop a number of ways and they all worked so if you could point me to what you tried I can be more efficient.

Thanks!

wila
11-Nov-2015, 12:52 PM
File drag and drop is broken.

Eg. take a .pkg file and try to drop it on the code editor and you get the "cannot drop / forbidden" icon.

--
Wil

Stephen W. Meeley
11-Nov-2015, 12:58 PM
Hi Wil,

I'm not seeing that - it works fine for me. I tried D&D from the workspace, from the pkg folder and just files elsewhere on my machine, even with multiple select, and it all worked fine.

wila
11-Nov-2015, 01:08 PM
Hi Stephen,

I was seeing that.. (Peter had asked me to confirm) and upon second look at my Studio I now also understand why I was seeing that.
The studio was started from the installer and as a result it was running with administrator rights.

Which as a result means my Windows Explorer is in a different security context as my Studio and thus.. no file drag & drop.

So started the Studio again, but now without elevated credentials and drag and drop works as before.
--
Wil

Stephen W. Meeley
11-Nov-2015, 01:14 PM
Hi Wil,

Ah ha! I just confirmed that as well. Makes sense (and not a bug or new to 18.2). Thanks for taking the time to confirm.