PDA

View Full Version : Migration problems

flado
11-Nov-2015, 11:03 AM
Hi all
migrated our web project to 18.2 beta 1 and got the following strange things:
1 pbShowBorder False for cWebGroup is not working as good as before. In 18.1 the space the group took up disappeared, now it is still there, which means that the view will take up much more space if we use "invisible groups"
2 Many of our databound cWebForms cannot browse data anymore. If I try to go to next/previous or even bring up the prompt, nothing happens, and after that the entire webapp goes to sleep - it's not possible to activate anything else from the menu and you cannot click anything.
3 I had to use register_object alot more than in 18.1, compiler complained alot

ANything we can do about the above - espcially no 2...

Other than that, I can see that the loading of complex views is much better!
And the new theme looks good.

thanks

Harm Wibier
11-Nov-2015, 12:46 PM
Item #1 is probably caused by the pbShowCaption property that is added so that you can align groups with a caption with groups that do not have a caption.

flado
11-Nov-2015, 01:12 PM
Yes, I missed that property, thanks!
However, I'm getting confused with no 2... I can't see anything special in our DD classes or DDOs or DEOs in the views where the problem arises. In other views it works as expected...

Harm Wibier
11-Nov-2015, 05:21 PM
Anything special in the view with the issues? Of course without more details we can't reproduce anything...

John Tuohy
11-Nov-2015, 05:58 PM
Could you provide a line of code that the compiler complains about. I didn't think we changed anything in that area (unless maybe WebGet and WebSet).

-John

flado
11-Nov-2015, 06:34 PM
Harm, I'm not sure what would be special in the views. The views in questions which do not work any longer are quite big, with several tabs and grids.
Here's an example ddo (the views are just cWebView)

Object oFAKD0010_DD is a Fakd0010_DataDictionary
Set DDO_Server To oPROD0010_DD
Set DDO_Server To oREGD0310_DD
Send Remove_Client_File FAKD0050.File_Number
Set Allow_Foreign_New_Save_State to True

Property Integer piFromProgram Public 0
Property Number pnNr

Set Field_Entry_msg Field Fakd0010.KUNDNR to pHamtaKundnr
Set Field_Exit_msg Field FAKD0010.KUNDNR to pExitKundnr
Set Field_Options Field FAKD0010.ANSVARIG DD_CAPSLOCK to True

[a number of methods here...]

Procedure OnPostFind Integer eMessage Boolean bFound
Forward Send OnPostFind eMessage bFound
Boolean bSync
If (eMessage = DDFindRequestFind or eMessage = DDFindClear or eMessage = DDFindRequestAssign) Begin
Get AppSynching to bSync
If (not(bSync)) Begin
Send pUpdateCalAndDocs
End
End
End_Procedure

Procedure OnConstrain
Integer iPagAvsl iFromProgram
WebGet piPagAvsl of oFAKB0010 to iPagAvsl
If (iPagAvsl = 0) Begin
Constrain FAKD0010.STATUS le 0
End
If (iPagAvsl = 1) Begin
Constrain FAKD0010.STATUS ge 1
Constrain FAKD0010.STATUS le 2
End
Constrain FAKD0010.Offer eq 0
End_Procedure
End_Object

And here's the deo that should do the find (wrapped in a number of groups and panels...)

Object oFAKD0010ETAPP_ORDN is a cWebForm
Entry_Item FAKD0010.ETAPP_ORDN
Set piColumnSpan to 2
Set psLabel to "Uppdrag:"
Set peLabelAlign to alignLeft
End_Object

flado
11-Nov-2015, 06:36 PM
John,
Here's a line the compiler threw an error at:
WebSet psURL of oInvoice2 to sUrl
so, yeah, it is a webset...

Harm Wibier
12-Nov-2015, 03:25 AM
John,
Here's a line the compiler threw an error at:
WebSet psURL of oInvoice2 to sUrl
so, yeah, it is a webset...

The WebSet and WebGet commands where doing register_object before which resulted in the compiler not complaining if you misspelled the object name. Now it does so most likely oInvoice2 does not exist (or at least something is wrong with it).

Harm Wibier
12-Nov-2015, 03:27 AM
The constaints look a bit odd to me, have you tried commenting those out?

flado
12-Nov-2015, 03:48 AM
Hi Harm,
1. I haven't checked all the cases where I had to do register_object, but I am very sure that most of them do exist
2. Yes, I have commented the constraints out, with no change. What's odd about them?

I have created a new view with just the basic stuff, where data browsing works. I then copied my entire DD-structure from the "non-working" view to the new working view. Still OK in the new view.
I now commented out tab by tab in my non-working view, and when only one tab was there, the view worked. I then added tab by tab again, and as soon as I added a new tab, I stopped working. It seems it doesn't matter which tab I add, it still doesn't work...
Will continue to investigate.

flado
12-Nov-2015, 06:17 AM
Ok, if I remove all the cWebGrids from my view, it works again... Any ideas why?
thanks

flado
12-Nov-2015, 09:03 AM
Even if I add another grid to my new working view, that view breaks too. At first I thought it was something with our sublasses, but it's not as I removed all that and just used the basic classes. I then thought it might be something with grids with non-related data, but not that either. In the non-working view, I removed all grids except the related one and it still didn't work...

John Tuohy
12-Nov-2015, 12:22 PM
Ok, that is an area we changed. If you change the WebSet to a Set and compile, do you get the error? It should now behave somewhat the same as the Set command.

-John

flado
13-Nov-2015, 03:20 AM
Hi John
thanks for the answer. It really is no problem that I had to do register_object. Just a note. I'll test it when I get the time to do it though.