PDA

View Full Version : Log Out

Marcia Booth
18-Aug-2015, 03:29 PM
The samples have a login button and the document talks about OnLogin, OnLoginFail but I could not find anything about logout.

What do we need to call to log out/disconnect from a vendor (e.g. Facebook)?

Mike Peat
19-Aug-2015, 02:36 AM
Marcia

Currently the component does not implement a logout mechanism. This is partly because the OAuth 2.0 standard (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749) is silent about how it should be done (leading to a complete lack of a standard approach, or none at all). Some providers explicitly offer neither the ability to log out or to revoke access tokens through their OAuth 2.0 mechanisms, instead offering the ability to revoke such tokens manually through their web pages. Of course with almost all providers, a user can logout by visiting the appropriate site and logging out there.

The sample might include a link on each page to take a user to the provider site so that they can log out there, but that really isn't what the sample is about.

Mike

Focus
19-Aug-2015, 07:04 AM
In some senses you are logged in and out with every single web call due to the stateless nature of the web

Some websites like FB and Amazon etc have a logout feature to clear the cookies etc they are using to remember you on each of your calls

I'm not sure if oAuth plays any part in this state remembering / cookies part in the sense it is only used for authenticating someone and nothing else

Marcia Booth
19-Aug-2015, 01:49 PM
I have to Logout using the vendor (in this case, Facebook) option in their application menu.

I was hoping through the sample I could do something like

Procedure OnClick
Send ClearParams
Send Login of oOAuth
End_Procedure

to get to the login screen again and switch users.