PDA

View Full Version : OAuth2 Testing

Marcia Booth
18-Aug-2015, 10:59 AM
I have downloaded the workspace and am able to run OAuth2 webapp.

To start, I used the Facebook view and was able to login. I saw the same screen as http://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/showthread.php?56840-DataFlex-OAuth2-Component-Beta-1&p=298079#post298079 I closed that and on the Facebook view I was able to execute the very simple example you included in the doc. I will be checking this sample further.

I am going through the doc to be able to get a better understanding of the behind the scenes of the whole thing and perform other tests.

I will probably create new accounts specifically for this so I can freely test the various functions and modify accounts if I need to as part of the process. Do you see any problem with that?

Mike Peat
18-Aug-2015, 11:47 AM
Marcia

Thanks for that!

I see no problem at all creating accounts specifically for testing, but remember, I only really need you to get at least one thing working with each API to validate that the OAuth mechanism is actually working - anything else is just icing on the cake.

With FB, you say you saw the same screen as Focus posted... and then "closed it". Did you actually have to close it, or did it close itself when you granted access to the app by clicking the "Okay" button? It should close itself (or rather be closed by the controlling JavaScript in the web app).

Glad that it seemed to work, anyway - I look forward to hearing how you get on with the other APIs.

Mike

Marcia Booth
18-Aug-2015, 01:08 PM
When trying to use the Facebook view again (restarting the app in the Studio), I got a Facebook login screen – separate window – like before.

After pressing Facebook’s login button on that new screen, the new window closed down on its own and the forms Access token, Expires in (seconds), Received and Grant remaining (seconds) were populated – the screen that I saw earlier (same as the one reported on another Forum post) was not displayed at all.

I will be testing a bit further to see what is reproducible and try to document steps to make it happen

Mike Peat
19-Aug-2015, 02:38 AM
Marcia

What you describe above is the behaviour I expect - I think I'll do a bit more testing with FB tomorrow (it is after 9 here now) to see what happens in various circumstances.

Mike

Focus
19-Aug-2015, 04:57 AM
Glad to hear it worked for you. I've not had chance to retest yet