PDA

View Full Version : Beta 2 is comming and here are some important items you need to know...

Stephen W. Meeley
15-Jun-2015, 01:02 PM
Developers,

We will soon be publishing the Beta 2 build (perhaps even later today) and there are some significant changes you need to know about...

NamedValue pairs in tWebNavgiateData

GetNamedValue and SetNamedValue have been changed to NamedValueGet and NamedValueAdd

This is an interface change that will impact beta 1 developers. We changed function GetNamedValue and procedure SetNamedValue to NamedValueGet, NamedValueAdd – both functions. The parameters being used have changed so they no longer use byref parameters. We did that because we found the use of byref parameters was a source of confusion and errors that was proving to be very hard to track down. Developers should search for all occurrences of GetNamedValue and SetNamedValue and convert them. Or they can try to compile their application with the old code, which will result in an easy to find list of places that must be changed.

Note that if you use GetNamedValue or SetNamedValue, your application will no longer compile.

We added the functions NamedValueIndex and NamedValueRemove

These let you know if a name/value pair exists (and what it’s array index is) and allows you to remove a name/value pair.

We moved these methods from cWebView to cWebObject so they can be used from more locations, like global menus.

The eTask member has been removed from the tWebNavigateData struct
This was removed because it is confusing and is better replaced with the use of name/value pairs. If you are using the member (not likely) you application will no longer compile. Find this code and change it to use a name/value pairs.

OnGetNavigateForwardData and OnGetNavigateBackData have an extra parameter
These events have been changed to pass the handle of the view being navigated from / to, which might be useful in advanced cases. Since this is an additional parameter, no changes in you code is required.

New cWebView event OnNavigateForwardPreFindInit
This is provided to give developers a hook for setting custom constraints during forward navigation.

New cWebView method NavigateForwardCustom
This is a custom version of NavigateForward which always navigates forward using nfUndefined. Normally the framework will determine what type of navigation you are performing for you. It will look at the invoking and invoked views and determine if the navigation should be from-main, from-child, from-parent or from-undefined. The type of navigation will determine how the new view is initialized. You can use NavigateForwardCustom when you want the navigation to be manual (nfUndefined) even if the framework might think otherwise. This is the “I’ll do this myself approach”. You will handle this manually in OnNavigateForward and OnNavigateBack.

Your Development Team

Sture
15-Jun-2015, 01:40 PM
Bring it on :-)

-Sture

Gregg Finney
15-Jun-2015, 02:16 PM
Hope it's today, it would brighten up this gloomy Monday here.

Stephen W. Meeley
15-Jun-2015, 04:24 PM
Gregg,

Consider your gloomy Monday brightened :cool:

Stephen W. Meeley
15-Jun-2015, 04:24 PM
Brought...

Gregg Finney
15-Jun-2015, 04:38 PM
I knew if I pouted a little bit it may help. ;)

jceoms
16-Jun-2015, 06:17 AM
I remove the beta1 to install beta2?

Sture
16-Jun-2015, 06:28 AM
Yes.

-Sture

jceoms
16-Jun-2015, 06:30 AM
thanks

Focus
16-Jun-2015, 06:59 AM
Don't forget to reboot in between

jceoms
16-Jun-2015, 08:52 AM
thanks

Clive Richmond
22-Jun-2015, 10:07 PM
This is still outstanding from Alpha 3 (http://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/showthread.php?56222-cDbCJGrid-pkg-Parameter-mismatch-invoking-RefreshDataFromDD&p=294064&mode=threaded#post294064).