PDA

View Full Version : CodeJock Menu gone Balck

philby
2-Jun-2015, 02:49 AM
I have migrated our 17.1 Windows application to 18.1. The Codejock submenus and iconbar now have black backgrounds, so text is not readable. I cannot see how this can be changed. More importantly, why did it change?

Stephen W. Meeley
2-Jun-2015, 04:56 AM
Phil,

The version of the CJ components changed between 17.1 and 18.0 (not 18.1) but I don't see how that could change what you are seeing with the backgrounds turning black (and that's certainly not something we did on purpose). Do you see black backgrounds in the Windows examples? If you create a new windows project? Is there anything special about your use of the menus (for instance are you using subclasses or non-DAC classes)?

Hans van de Laar
2-Jun-2015, 06:14 AM
Phil,

Are you using skinning? If so you might need the Office2007.dll in your programs folder.

Peter Bragg
2-Jun-2015, 07:02 AM
Hi Phil,

There's been a few threads about this, for example: http://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/showthread.php?53586-App-doesn-t-look-right-in-18-0B3

Ultimately I think you will need to use "LoadResourceImagesFromFile" inside OnCreateCommandBars and this should resolve it (assuming you're seeing the same thing)

Ali
2-Jun-2015, 10:33 AM
Just change the Visual Theme of the menu

philby
2-Jun-2015, 10:13 PM
Visual Theme changed to xtpThemeOffice2000 and all is well.

DAW please note.
1) No DataFlex developers were harmed during this migration.
2) No changes of any sort were made to any components for migration purposes.
3) No Visual Theme was defined in the OnCreateCommandBars procedure in the incoming code.

philby
2-Jun-2015, 11:44 PM
STOP PRESS

Further testing shows that xtpThemeRibbon is the culprit !