PDA

View Full Version : DF 18.1 B1: New Business Proccess template code - Set xxx to xxx

Samuel Pizarro
22-May-2015, 02:50 PM
If you create a new Business Process using the "Create New" dialog, the code generated by the template has a Non-complete Set command.

Use Batchdd.pkg

Object oGeraEsboco_bp is a BusinessProcess
Set to

// Send DoProcess to this BPO to start the business process
// DoProcess is a predefined method in the BusinessProcess class
// Send DoProcess of oNewBusinessProcess

// OnProcess
// ---------
// Place your processing code into Procedure OnProcess
// OnProcess is a predefined method in the BusinessProcess class

Procedure OnProcess

End_Procedure

End_Object

Regards

Dennis Piccioni
22-May-2015, 03:07 PM
Thanks Samuel,

confirmed.

Dennis Piccioni
4-Jun-2015, 02:28 PM
Update: this will be fixed in the next build.

Samuel Pizarro
4-Jun-2015, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the update!

Michael Mullan
4-Jun-2015, 05:14 PM
Dennis, when this is getting fixed, can we add commented out code to set the NON default values for 'display errors', and 'display status panel'?

I find the defaults for these are not to my liking, and at least for development I always have to go in and change them.

Dennis Piccioni
5-Jun-2015, 11:41 AM
Hi Michael,

yes, just add any default code you want to DataFlex {version}\pkg\config\BusinessProcessObject.tpl.

Stephen W. Meeley
5-Jun-2015, 12:39 PM
Michael,

Remember that you can add as many custom templates to your development environment as you want. You can also edit our templates, but I'd be more inclined to add my own.

Michael Mullan
5-Jun-2015, 01:04 PM
Stephen and Dennis,

The problem with updating the templates is there isn't a global way to do it, that doesn't require Elevation to Admin, and also doesn't get stomped on by reinstalling DF.

I've got loads of different workspaces, and it's a pain to keep up changes to the templates across all of them.

Perhaps I'm just doing it wrong again .

Stephen W. Meeley
5-Jun-2015, 01:47 PM
If you keep the updated template in the config folder of your workspace you won't have that problem. From the help...

System & Library Templates

Only wizards and templates that have been added to the list for the current workspace can be edited or removed. System and Library wizards and templates are read only.

System wizards and templates are the wizards and templates installed with DataFlex. Library wizards and templates are the wizards and templates that belong to one or more libraries that are used by the current workspace.

If you wish to make changes to a library, you can do so making that library the current workspace and invoking this dialog from that library’s workspace. Changes can be made to a library’s template file by loading the appropriate template file (located in the library’s Appsrc/config directory) and editing it. Changes made in the library’s configuration list or template content will be applied to all workspaces that use that library.

You should not change the contents of the system template files. If you need to change these templates you can copy these files from the system config directory (…\pkg\config) into the a workspace or library config directory where it can be edited.
When templates are selected the Studio looks for the template file first in the following order:

The workspace config directory
Any library config directories
The system config directory

See the whole topic on "Configure "Create New" Dialog"

Michael Mullan
5-Jun-2015, 01:56 PM
Like I said, that's fine if you only have one workspace, or even two or three.

I have 69 workspaces in my vdf 17.1 workspaces folder.

:-(

Stephen W. Meeley
5-Jun-2015, 02:20 PM
And you put your new or updated templates in one library workspace (who's entire purpose could be nothing more than containing your templates and add that library to your workspaces and et voila!

You did actually read the doc I quoted, right? :rolleyes:

Michael Mullan
5-Jun-2015, 02:47 PM
Why didn't you sa that earlier?

:0)

Thanks Stephen.

MM