PDA

View Full Version : Problems with a dashboard

Pepe
26-Mar-2015, 06:43 AM
Hi,

I'm having problems with a dashboard.

This dashboard is composed of reports with tyle types of big-numbers, dials and the remaining are reports showing graphics only.

If one specific reports (call it report A) representd as a big-number is modified adding a break level (had none previously), all the "graphics reports" represented from there on on the dashboard stop working as they should.

An example:

One the "graphic reports" is an HC horizontal bar graphics (call it report B) showing some total values. If you click in one on the bars then you should get all the rows that add up to that total showing also differente columns.

If we add a level break to report A then when clicking in one of the bars at report B it just shows one value representing the total of the bar pressed.

If we move report A to be the last report in the dashboard then report B (and all the others alike) work fine again.

We are working with DAI 6.5.3.

Any idea of what might be happening?

TIA

Regards

Bob Cergol
27-Mar-2015, 01:44 AM
Hi Pepe,

My best guess is that it has something to do with the filters not being defined consistently across the reports that are sharing common data sources. Since it is the filters from the first report in the package that get applied to other the other reports where applicable, moving report A to the the end fixing the problem suggests the problem is related to the filters in report A compared to the others. See what happens if you set the filter preference scope on all of the reports to None, versus local, versus global. Look at all the filter settings: default values, required, etc.

if this doesn't help then I think you should document carefully with screen shots and post in DAE's HDE issue tracking system.

The only times I have ever had issues with a report interfering with other reports in a dashboard/report package I have also gotten explicit error messages that led me to figuring out the underlying problem and pointing to the solution. You don't mention any errors, only what seems to be unrelated behavior, i.e. some other report's drill-down stops working as expected. I don't know how one report can impact the drill-down behavior of a totally different report in the package other than where filter values from one is constraining another -- which is what is normally supposed to happen --unless you set the report's filter preference scope to none -- which is normally not what you want to do.

Regards,
Bob

Pepe
27-Mar-2015, 04:04 AM
Thanks Bob.

I will try your suggestions

Regards

Pepe