PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Framework CSS and Samsung S4

Frank Cheng
23-Mar-2015, 10:38 AM
Just FYI, using my Samsung Galaxy S4, when browsing the WebOrderMobile sample, the "dropdown" menu is not usable.
See screenshots

Also whenever there is a list (I assume it's weblist), scrolling doesn't work well. Assuming you are browsing a web site that requires you to scroll up and down, if you "flick" at the screen, the content would scroll really fast. In the entire WebOrderMobile example, flicking doesn't do the "quick scrolling".

FWIW, I tried the sample in a IPhone 5S, everything is fine.

Frank Cheng

Harm Wibier
24-Mar-2015, 01:15 PM
Thank you for reporting this. Unfortunately I am unable to test this right now here at Synergy (I will next week).

Which browser are you using to test this? Android has a browser "Browser / Internet" and most android devices come with Chrome as well.
What version of Android are you running?

It seems that Google its direction is that Chrome will become the default for Android. My HTC Nexus 9 actually doesn't seem to have "browser" any more and comes with Chrome as its default browser.

Frank Cheng
24-Mar-2015, 03:54 PM
Hi Harm,

I am using Android 4.2.2. Using the original browser.
My coworker is using Chrome on his iPhone 5s, everything is good.

On my computer, I use Chrome on Windows 7 Pro 64bit. When I emulate the Samsung Galaxy S4 inside the browser, everything was fine (layout, CSS, flicking, etc)

Also the responsive layout is kinda weird on my phone as well. Here are some screenshots. Everything is just a bit off on both vertical layout and horizontal layout. The tiles are kinda crunched up. Things getting cut off.

Frank Cheng

Raphael Theiler
25-Mar-2015, 03:28 AM
Consider BrowserStack for testing mobile designs: http://www.browserstack.com/
Downside: Last time I checked, your application needed to be accessible over the internet (so no testing on localhost ...)

Roel Westhoff [W4]
25-Mar-2015, 07:23 AM
Hello Harm,

I'm having the same issues as Frank. Responsiveness on my Desktop.Firefox browser is not existant when using the scroll-mouse to make the app bigger and smaller or when i scale the mobile-app
On my HTC One M8 (lollipop 5.0.1) and the firefox browser the navigation and scrolling is not fluent (www.oxess.eu (http://www.oxess.nl)= dataflex mobile webapp on our own server) and is below standard with other apps like nu.nl

I've tested oxess.eu also on Lollipop.Chrome and this seems to work OK.

Roel