PDA

View Full Version : All wrong icons in mobile app.

Sture
18-Mar-2015, 10:26 AM
I'm making a mobile app. When I access this from a desktop browser all is well, but if I access the same app from an iPhone the icons are all wrong. My hamburger menu is a t-shirt(!) and my back button is one of these play-mobil faces, and so forth.

What should I look for?

-Sture

Sture
18-Mar-2015, 10:37 AM
Aha, a lot of files present in the AppHtml folder of WebOrderMobile that are not in my project. Apparently they weren't copied by the "New Mobile Project" wizard.

-Sture

John Tuohy
18-Mar-2015, 10:42 AM
This sounds kind of cool. I guess the first question is, are these different icons an improvement?

-John

Sture
18-Mar-2015, 10:55 AM
Hi John,

It IS cool (although the t-shirt is not at all my size)

It seems that copying over these icon files does not make my app behave differently. It's not enough.

-Sture

Michael Mullan
18-Mar-2015, 11:28 AM
You've been cached!

Sture
18-Mar-2015, 11:29 AM
ok, also updating index.html to look like the sample app fixed the problem.

No more t-shirts.

-Sture

Sture
18-Mar-2015, 11:32 AM
I thought so too. But if you look in the index.html file you can see that a mobile version has some references to some icon files that are not in a desktop-style app.

I think the new mobile app wizard copies some wrong files.

-Sture

Stephen W. Meeley
18-Mar-2015, 11:57 AM
Sture,

How did you go about creating the workspace used in this case? Was this workspace one that had previously contained a desktop style web application?

chuckatkinson
18-Mar-2015, 12:14 PM
Sounds cool to me too. Did you screen shot it before you fixed it? If so please upload.

Focus
18-Mar-2015, 01:17 PM
It's a design feature ..... if you click the burger menu too many times ..... it shows you need a new t-shirt .....

Garret Mott
18-Mar-2015, 01:33 PM
:cool:;):)

Sture
18-Mar-2015, 02:11 PM
Hi Stephen,

No, I created a new workspace next to one that has a desktop-style app in it. During the process I edited the ws paths to point to the neighbour DDSrc and Data and Filelist. I mistyped a path a few times and I can't remember what happened but in the end it was ok. I then rebuild the list of DD classes and selected the 'new mobile project' wizard. After that I built the (not-so-trivial) app and had no problems until I tried to access it with an iPhone.

IMPORTANT ADDITION: I also let my new ws use the neighbour ws as a library. Is that it?

-Sture

Sture
18-Mar-2015, 02:44 PM
s'il vous plait,

You can see that all icons are wrong.

-Sture

Stephen W. Meeley
18-Mar-2015, 03:19 PM
It's really all about the index.html (I think) so the library shouldn't impact that (unless you have some funky files in appsrc or bitmaps). Can you e-mail be the two index.html files (the one that works and the one that doesn't).

chuckatkinson
18-Mar-2015, 03:37 PM
I like it !!! See it's got your avatar for the hamburger menu icon ;)

Sture
19-Mar-2015, 08:33 AM
You've got mail. And I don't do anything bitmap-wise.

-Sture