PDA

View Full Version : Webapp license problem after install 18.1 alfa 2

franco
16-Mar-2015, 07:54 PM
Hello
after install alfa 2 I got error with webapp license

"Error starting service: Unable to query license information. Please run the product registration program and register your DataFlex Web Application Server license"

the previous alfa 1 was ok. i just got a error when try to uninstall alfa1... so I deleted DIR and Registry by hand to can install Alfa 2... then installation it was ok (just the message about webapp server cannot start) .. all programs compiled and no errors when run the studio but Webapp server have this license problem and cannot run

when I run the Webappcheck all it is ok.. But I got Red Sine Dataflex Web application server Result is Stopped and "Yellow" the last item "Non-interactive desktop heap size" result 768kiB. Read more talk about DataflexWebappCheck Help file" but I cannot found it

regards
Franco Spinella

franco
17-Mar-2015, 06:03 AM
Ok... I solved deleting the licences file uninstalling alfa 2 and then reinstall it
so now I can start to test mobile extensions :)
Franco

Stephen W. Meeley
17-Mar-2015, 09:26 AM
Ciao Franco,

This is not specific to 18.1.

When the Alpha 1 would not uninstall (missing install.log) and you did the manual removal you probably did not remove the license files in ProgramData\Data Access Worldwide\DataFlex\18.1. So then when you installed Alpha 2 the installation script detected the license files (and won't overwrite) but the registry entry (the server process doesn't read files, it uses a registry key) was missing.

This is why running the registration program fixed the problem - because it created the whole set (files and registry setting).

We will make sure that the manual removal instructions are clear about the need to remove the license files.

Also, the missing install.log file was almost certainly caused by Windows doing a pending delete - do you remember if you had previously uninstalled and then reinstalled Alpha 1? My guess is that you had and didn't restart between those two Alpha 1 installations. You may not remember if you had ever done this. But in any case, I'm going to modify the installation so that it runs webapp check unconditionally - this will help catch more of these situations.