PDA

View Full Version : Request for Proposal - WebApp.

Michael Mullan
1-Feb-2015, 01:17 PM
Hi All.

I have a service industry application, where after the client has left the building we prepare a job estimate. In order to perform the work, we must get authorization from the client . At the moment we have to call the client and actually talk to them. We would like to have the ability to send the customer an email describing the work to be done with a large golden button that reads "I Approve". and a smaller button that allows for partial approval, where the user is presented with the "tasks" list from the "JobID", the task costs, and a button or checkbox to approve a subset of the individual tasks.

The button should send the user to a webapp page which acknowledges their approval of the work, and reminds them of how much they'll be charged. The back end needs to look up the work order and change it's status to "Approved by Customer", and log the date and time and Email address that accepted the approval. There should be a point at which we can later hook in to send a confirmation email as well.

The existing code base already has the ability to assemble and send emails to the client. The back end is a MSSQL database, the front end is VDF18.0 on windows desktop, no webapp yet. We can provide the actual methods to update the back end status, given the customerID and the JobID, and the task numbers that the user may have selected.

so the tasks I've thought of so far are:

1. Assemble the HTML text for the email body, including adding a button with an encrypted, or at least unique URL that calls
2. A method on the webapp to post the transaction.
3. A way to confirm to the client that the transaction happened.
4. a Destination webapp page to have the client land on.

If any of you have the availability to take on a project such as this, send me an email through the Forum (http://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=351) If you have suggestions or questions about the task itself, reply here.

Thanks for reading,

Michael.

Mike Cooper
1-Feb-2015, 02:09 PM
Hi Michael

An other option might be to include 2 links in the email which Reply as either Approve or Don't Approve. ...

Retrieve the email reply directly into Windows DF and read the content.

I currently do this now with backup jobs from some of our customers that we monitor. This way I don't need to read any emails, just the summary report.

Using Webapp will also work (or course).

You will probably have lots of takers on your offer, but if not, I would be happy to jump in either with a Webapp solution or a windows solution as described above.

M