PDA

View Full Version : Error migrating 18.0 to 18.1

Jacques Delannay
27-Jan-2015, 03:23 AM
Hi,
I had a web application on Dataflex 18.0
I have updated to 18.1.
it compiles OK.
When it try to run, it gives me a message telling that it cannot access a config file web.config which should be on the Apphtml directory of my workspace.

There are no such file on this directory.

Could you tell me how to regenerate it ?

Thanks

Jacques

Harm Wibier
27-Jan-2015, 04:30 AM
DataFlex is not using / manipulating the web.config file at all. It doesn't have to be there as well. If IIS starts complaining that it cannot find it while it isn't there then that usually points to a rights issue. Make sure that IUSR at least has read rights on the AppHTML folder.

Jacques Delannay
27-Jan-2015, 05:33 AM
what I did, is to migrate from 18.0 to 18.1 keeping the same directories.

Nothing runs anymore.

I have
- installed the dataflex 18.1 using my register code
Problem with compiling and executing my application
- deleted the dataflex 18.0 using the program management
Same problem with 18.1
- deleted dataflex 18.1
- re-installed dataflex 18.1 keeping the test license code.
always the same.

The problem was that the application didn't appair in the web application server administrator.

The application were in the ISS Windows.
I have deleted from the ISS management and tried to create a new webapp project with the same name but I couldn't. I think that sometning were still in the registry.

Now, what I do, is creating a new workspace. Now, I can create a new Web project, compile it and run it. (I have the first login screen)
I'll copy my files from the old workspace to the new one and see if it's OK.

I don't know how to clear the old webapp configuration of my old workspace in the computer to use the same name as before.

Jacques

Marcia Booth
2-Feb-2015, 01:06 PM
Hi Jacques,

Have you resolved this issue or still need help with it?

I am interested in learning more about your workspace and how you migrated it from 18.0 to 18.1. Could you send me a message with more information and perhaps your WS and SWS files attached?