PDA

View Full Version : Phones and validation

Bob Worsley
18-Jan-2015, 12:16 PM
I'm building a new phone application using VDF-18.0 and one of the functions I need is to automatically find a record when tabbing out of a cWebForm. I've tried both OnValidate and OnBlur and while they both work as expected when using a desktop browser I find they do not work when I look at the same page with a phone. I'm not sure what the difference is but the test is as simple as I just stated, run it in FireFox or Chrome from my desktop and it works. Look at it with my iPhone and it does not. I suppose I could try it with an Android phone but that's not what my users are using.

I could install the 18.1 Studio on the server and try that but I hate to go through the exercise if nothing has been changed yet in this area. Has it?

Tom Murphy
18-Jan-2015, 07:04 PM
Hi Bob,

That's an interesting problem, just a couple of things to try ...

1. what happens in the safari browser on your desktop?

2. what happens with the web order example on your phone, if you go into the inventory option, type table and press tab?

Bob Worsley
18-Jan-2015, 08:02 PM
Hi Tom,
OnValidate fires in Desktop Safari

The Web order example works but for a different reason - the field is set to DD_AUTOFIND = True. I'll have to look at my situation and see if autofind could work but that doesn't answer my original question.