PDA

View Full Version : Total first level only?

Albin
8-Dec-2014, 09:03 AM
Hi.

Is there a way for me to choose that I just want the calculated total to show in the first level and to be invincible if I choose to step down to the second or third level?

Bob Cergol
8-Dec-2014, 09:30 AM
Albin,

You could have a look at "Class Standards in Dynamic AI" (page 286 in the PDF file of the server documentation) and play around with setting the CSS classes that format the totals, but I think you'll be fighting the fundamental behavior Dynamic AI is designed for -- which is to drill-down on totals. See this post (http://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/showthread.php?52339-Custom-Fields-Columns&p=268567&highlight=format#post268567) for example.

You could also rethink your approach to the report: don't define more than 1 grouper in the report and have that report drill down to a different report (read about dyn-relations) where that 2nd report does not have the total defined that you don't want to show.

Many of the reports found in the Embedded Web Application Examples (http://dataaccess.com/LiveDynamicAI) webapp drill down to related reports.

Bob

Albin
8-Dec-2014, 09:33 AM
Ok. Thanks Bob.

Will have a look at these options.

Bob Cergol
8-Dec-2014, 09:50 AM
If you are up to the challenge you could also try hacking the HTML send to the browser with some scripting you enter on the "Rules" tab in report design. An experiment I did a while ago colors the group values when they contain the string "teen":

</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="Images/hc/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script>
<script>
$("#DAST TD:contains('teen')").css("background-color","red");

Yielded this result:

Instead of coloring red you could make invisible. (Make sure you reference the jquery library you actually have installed.)

You're pretty much on your own noodling through this as a solution. I know just enough about doing this sort of thing to be dangerous.

Bob

Albin
8-Dec-2014, 09:57 AM
If you are up to the challenge you could also try hacking the HTML send to the browser with some scripting you enter on the "Rules" tab in report design. An experiment I did a while ago colors the group values when they contain the string "teen":

</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="Images/hc/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script>
<script>
$("#DAST TD:contains('teen')").css("background-color","red");

Yielded this result:

Instead of coloring red you could make invisible. (Make sure you reference the jquery library you actually have installed.)

You're pretty much on your own noodling through this as a solution. I know just enough about doing this sort of thing to be dangerous.

Bob

Well, this looks like fun :cool:!