PDA

View Full Version : Show drill down in full-view

Pepe
21-Nov-2014, 09:51 AM
Hi all,

Can I open the drill-down (sub)-report of a report in full-view instead of a split-view?

If so, how?

Thanks

Pepe

Bob Cergol
24-Nov-2014, 09:07 AM
Hi Pepe,

You just right-click and select open in new tab or window.

In the next version of Dynamic AI this will be the default behavior -- a tabbed interface. In the current version the default is the split frame -- though I have encountered some variation in the behavior when embedding reports in DF web apps and depending on which browser is being used.

You can also set single vs. split frame when drilling down by using a URL to launch the report: &SFRAME=[Y|N]

Bob

Pepe
24-Nov-2014, 09:49 AM
Thanks Bob.

When you say "You can also set single vs. split frame when drilling down by using a URL to launch the report: &SFRAME=[Y|N]" do you mean when launching a report from Dataflex or post or is there something that I'm missing?

Is there any "global" parameter that I can set to always open my drill-downs in full view?

Thanks

Regards

Bob Cergol
24-Nov-2014, 10:09 AM
There's no global parameter for controlling this behavior. The parameter is for use when launching a report from a URL.
But it seems pretty simple to just tell the user -- take your choice -- left click gives you a split frame, right click offers you a new tab.
Personally I love the split frame, but with tabs you can keep opening each drill-down as a separate report in its own tab page.
Bob