PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Delivery Problem

danwalsh46
11-Oct-2014, 08:25 AM
Our scheduled deliveries are not being delivered. I can run a report and then email it, so I know the SMTP server is correctly configured in the set-up.

What might be going on, or in need of a reset?

Bob Cergol
11-Oct-2014, 09:14 AM
Dan,

Scheduled emails are triggered by AIAgentPing.exe. You could execute this manually too, but you should use Windows task scheduler to run it. The overhead is extremely low so if you wanted maximum flexibility for users to schedule reports for emailing you could have windows run it every 5 minutes between the hours where you aren't doing your system backups, etc.

When it runs, it reads Agent.ini to find out what the password is for the Agent credential and what the DAI's host URL used to build the drill-down links in the emails. It reads the schedule records and tests for scheduled date-time, runs those reports that need to be, and then udpates last run and next run date time values. Agent.ini should be in the same folder as AiAgentPing.exe. You can locate these anywhere but the default is in the root DAI installation folder. You can even have multiple instances of these files where the values in agent.ini might be different. (different DAI server instances.)

I'm betting you haven't scheduled this task since you changed servers. Running it manually is a good way to test.

Bob

danwalsh46
15-Oct-2014, 11:35 AM
Actually, it turns out the old server was still online and the scheduled delivery was being triggered there.

Anyway, now I have another problem. The scheduled deliveries are being delivered, but the email messages do not allow a drill-down. See the attached screenshot. I appear to have another setting that hasn't been configured correctly.

Bob Cergol
15-Oct-2014, 03:18 PM
Dan,

My previous post says: "When it runs, it reads Agent.ini to find out what the password is for the Agent credential and what the DAI's host URL used to build the drill-down links in the emails." Your screen shot shows that the agent.ini URL is "localhost" -- the link executed other than at the server, i.e. in some remote users email client needs to have the real hostname. Edit the agent.ini setting. It will be obvious when you look at it:

Bob