PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Web Services Markteplace. Why no results for DataFlex?

Michael Mullan
4-Oct-2014, 09:50 PM
Being a newbie to Amazon, I spent the better part of a Saturday night getting an EC2 instance up and running for use in testing a new client setup. I picked the free teir account,and built a free windows server, fired it up, Yay me!

Then I discovered that I'd already run out of disk space, because C: is only 30GB and windows & page file takes up 28GB. Meh. So I went HERE (https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/search/results/ref=gtw_navgno_search_box?searchTerms=dataflex&search=)and hoped to find that DAW had already pre-packaged an EC2 instance with the software already installed. No such luck.

Will DAW please set up a pre-configured AWS Ec2 instance that I can copy/rent and then just use, with MSSQL, DF18, DR 4, DF-CM and no registration codes. let me sign up, add the codes and get on with doing what I do best.

chuckatkinson
5-Oct-2014, 05:43 PM
Email me. I have a lot of experience with AWS as maybe you know. I can fire up a AWS DF 18 instance in about 30 minutes.

Michael Mullan
5-Oct-2014, 07:09 PM
Thanks.

Focus
6-Oct-2014, 03:49 AM
Will DAW please set up a pre-configured AWS Ec2 instance that I can copy/rent and then just use, with MSSQL, DF18, DR 4, DF-CM and no registration codes. let me sign up, add the codes and get on with doing what I do best.

I got the impression at EDUC that's the way DAW are heading from Chip's presentation