PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Cloud Forum

chuckatkinson
13-May-2014, 06:43 AM
With Data Access new and welcome direction with the Cloud - would it make sense to create a new Forum for such?

+1 from me !

Focus
13-May-2014, 07:09 AM
what would differentiate it from the existing web app forum ?

chuckatkinson
13-May-2014, 07:44 AM
The Cloud is much more than web apps. There "could" be discussions on things like deploying Windows apps in the cloud, how to setup and use Remote Data Stores (RDS) databases, how to configure Virtual Private Clouds and add connectivity to your on-premises data centers. Cloud security considerations, backup strategies. etc. etc.

chuckatkinson
13-May-2014, 09:08 AM
Here's another example of a possible discussion suited to Cloud Forum. Microsoft just released a preview of RemoteApp for Azure. It will connect to Azure and show any apps including Azure desktops running. Below is a screenshot of the app. I do not have any instances running on Azure but apparently MS provides some default apps for you. I also downloaded it for my OS-X and it is a replacement for RDP on the Mac which is a bug-infested product.

I am Amazon centric, but the forum as I imagine it would agnostic to the platform.

Focus
13-May-2014, 09:35 AM
Yes I wasn't suggesting it was a bad idea just that it needs to be very different to justify a separate forum and I was just wondering on your angle which you have explained

Jim Albright
13-May-2014, 12:11 PM
+1
It really crosses all the forums here (DF, VDF, Testing,connectivity, etc.)

Tom Murphy
13-May-2014, 08:02 PM
+1 we're also using Amazon, it would be nice to have a forum to post questions on the topics you gave as examples to see what others are doing.