PDA

View Full Version : Use GMail to send emails from Dynamic AI

Bob Cergol
25-Mar-2014, 03:51 PM
You can use GMail to send emails from Dynamic AI as a generic alternative to some other email server or ISP.

1. On the System / General tab specify the SMPT server as: smtp.gmail.com

2. Navigate to System Parameters and down arrow to the bottom of the list to add each of the following system parameters with values for your GMail account credentials.

Note when you tab out of a new row the row 1st column is colored green. When you edit an existing row the color is orange. You click the Update button at the top to save your add/edits.

This should just work. I'm using it on a laptop from home with Comcast as my internet provider.

For demonstrating emailing when I am not connected to the internet I use Quick 'n Easy Mail Server from http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/quick__n_easy_mail_server.html and send to a fictitious domain I define on my laptop. To do that just enter a line like this in your hosts file found in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc:

127.0.0.1 cergol.com #for use with my quick and easy smtp mail server

and then you can define email accounts in Q&E Mail server like bob@cergol.com to send from, and define that same account in Outlook to demonstrate receiving the email. The free version of Q&E Mail server will work fine for such demos, but for $30 you can get the full-blown version.

Regards,
Bob

Bob

Bo Andersen
26-Mar-2014, 08:17 AM
Just wanted to add, that the gmail trick has the added advantage of mails sent from dynamic being saved in the gmail account under sent messages.
I have read, but not verified, that gmail wil only send up to 99 messages this way in any 24 hour period.

Best regards
Bo