PDA

View Full Version : update after change database record

Wim Schimmel
3-Mar-2014, 10:30 AM
Is it possible to update a webform / weblist etc after a change of the database by an other user.
Is there a timer to refresh the webbrowser or something else

John van Houten
6-Mar-2014, 06:10 AM
Hello Wim,

There is a cWebTimer object that you can put insode your cWebView. This will create a timer on the client that could be used to refresh the currently displayed record or something like that.

regards John van Houten
Data Access Corporation

chuckatkinson
6-Mar-2014, 08:20 AM
Hello Wim,

There is a cWebTimer object that you can put insode your cWebView. This will create a timer on the client that could be used to refresh the currently displayed record or something like that.

regards John van Houten
Data Access Corporation

I have this same problem as others have reported as well. I don't think having a web timer will cure the SYNC ddo's problem I am having or other problems. In some cases I have read another user will delete a record and then a refresh of the list/grid will throw the error. In my case it is assigning a new parent record of row in the list. Then I get a series of errors when the list is refreshed. I will try the web timer idea, but not hopeful.

chuckatkinson
6-Mar-2014, 08:59 AM
I have just tried the cWebTimer and as I thought it does not cure my problem. In fact it just makes my cWebList act a little weird. I still get the Find Errors when returning from my other view that updates the parent record. Here is my custom refresh message that is sent by the timer.

Procedure MyGridRefresh
Integer iCurrentRowIndex

// get the current row index
WebGet piCurrentRowIndex to iCurrentRowIndex

// need to refresh the grid
Send GridRefresh of oWebList1

If (iCurrentRowIndex<>0) Begin
Send MoveToRow of oWebList1 iCurrentRowIndex
End

End_Procedure

FrankValcarcel
6-Mar-2014, 09:15 AM
I think this is a serious problem as it really makes the App NOT MULTI-USER since we have to expect that other users will delete records. We don't have the parent changing issue but I believe you have the same problem with deleting record that are displayed.

raveens
6-Mar-2014, 02:21 PM
Yup! We have the same issue too! Tried refreshes as Chuck did - no joy. Issue also exists in the Win dbCJGrids but not as bad as the weblist/grid- reported this while VDF17 was in beta.

FrankValcarcel
6-Mar-2014, 02:25 PM
This is one of the reasons we don't use the data-aware grids and stick to lists with a zoom dialog for editing.
fv