PDA

View Full Version : Images on button when skinning is applied

Hans van de Laar
3-Mar-2014, 10:07 AM
DF18a2

I really like the support of placing images on buttons now! However they don't play well when applying a skin on the application.
Are images on buttons supposed to work with the skinning framework?

John Tuohy
3-Mar-2014, 06:01 PM
I see this as well and I don't have an immediate explanation for it. This might be a Codejock bug. It's odd because it works ok with commandlink buttons, which are just regular buttons with a different windows style. They share the same code for applying images.

-John

Gregg Finney
4-Mar-2014, 01:40 PM
Hello Hans,
Have you used the WinButtons from the WindowsEx project at VDF-Guidance.com . Really nice stuff plus no problems with skins. Can't remember the last time I used a plain old button, I think way back in VDF 8. We sub-classed the cWinButton and added Hot Images and text, etc.

Hans van de Laar
5-Mar-2014, 04:32 AM
Hi Greg,

Yes, I'm aware of the WindowsEx project and know about the WinButton stuff. But if it comes right out-of-the-box I would prefer this one. It would also cost minimal effort to add it to our company standard.

John Tuohy
9-Mar-2014, 06:31 PM
Hans, Peter and others,

This does indeed seem to be a Codejock skinning issue. We were able to duplicate this outside of DataFlex and actually outside of COM. The windows interface, which uses Comctl version 6 (Vista and above) and visual styles results in missing images when skinning is used. We are still looking into this and will keep you posted.

-John

Hans van de Laar
10-Mar-2014, 03:53 AM
Thanks for your feedback John.