PDA

View Full Version : Vdf 18 Alpha 2 Error 500

jceoms
27-Feb-2014, 09:33 AM
received the error below running on Windows 8 64 bits
application weborder

http error 500

Error processing request: Error parsing Web Service Meta Data: The schemaLocation attribute does not contain pairs of values​​.

Error: 999

Dennis Piccioni
27-Feb-2014, 09:48 AM
Hi,

is this with the same application with which you got this error the last time you reported it (http://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/showthread.php?52634-Error-parsing-Web-Service-Meta-Data)? Did you ever get that resolved? Do the sample applications work ok?

jceoms
28-Feb-2014, 06:19 AM
We could not run the alpha 1 and alpha2 nor the weborder
windows 8 on 64-bit machine

ran the wenappcheker and everything is ok

the weborder of 17.1 is running ok on the same machine

Dennis Piccioni
28-Feb-2014, 11:09 AM
Could you check this KBase article?
http://www.dataaccess.com/kbasepublic/KBPrint.asp?ArticleID=2461

Gregg Finney
28-Feb-2014, 11:56 AM
This error can also be cause by a missing or incorrect WSO handler mapping, particularly if you are using an Ajax web application. See KBase article 2082 for more information.

Typo, cause should be changed to caused.

Dennis Piccioni
28-Feb-2014, 02:36 PM
Thanks Gregg!

Fixed.

jceoms
3-Mar-2014, 07:11 AM
this same machine applications are running webapp vdf17.1
normally

Dennis Piccioni
3-Mar-2014, 09:46 AM
Are both 17.1 and 18.0 running using the same App Pool?

jceoms
3-Mar-2014, 12:49 PM
yes

jceoms
3-Mar-2014, 01:20 PM
this is the messagem

Error processing request: Error parsing Web Service Meta Data: The schemaLocation attribute does not contain pairs of values.

Error:999

John van Houten
3-Mar-2014, 10:41 PM
Hello Jceoms,

When you run WebApp Check can you tell us what it is reporting against the "Latest DataFlex Version" and also the "Installation Path"?

Also, can you confirm in the Windows Task Manager, Services page: are both the "DataFlex 18.0 Web Application Server" and the "Visual DataFlex 17.1 Web Application Server" services running?

Thank you
John van Houten
Data Access Corporation

jceoms
10-Mar-2014, 06:17 AM

John van Houten
28-Mar-2014, 02:01 PM
Jceoms,

I think I have seen this error before. This error is raised when the client JavaScript calls the serverAction function and passes the wrong type in the aOptData parameter.

In VDF 17.1 the aOptData parameter was an array of tWebRow data. In DataFlex 18.0 the aOptData parameter has changed, it is now a value-tree type. If you call serverAction passing the old version of aOptData then the server will not recognize the data type of the data in that parameter and you will see this error.

Is it possible that some or all of your JavaScript library (AppHtml\dfEngine) is old (i.e. from the VDF 17.1 version)?

If not, then do you have some custom JavaScript that is making a call to the serverAction function? If so then you will need to modify the way that you are wrapping data into the aOptData parameter. By the way, if you are not actually passing any data in the aOptData parameter then you can simply pass null.

regards John van Houten

jceoms
28-Mar-2014, 03:49 PM
did not do anything, just install and run the weborder

John van Houten
28-Mar-2014, 11:40 PM
Hi,

I think it seems like you are running an 18.0 WebApp.exe against 17.1 JavaScript engine (or the other way around).

So if I am correct, something strange has happened during, or after your 18.0 install to create this situation. I think it would be a good idea to try to ensure that 18.0 is fully and correctly installed, then retest with WebOrder_18

The error message is telling me that the data being sent from the client (JavaScript) in the Web Service call does not match the expected signature (schema) - i.e. there is a mismatch between schema and web service data.

The schema for server calls has changed between DataFlex 17.1 and 18.0. If you have everything installed correctly and you did not write any custom JavaScript that would be affected by the new datatype then everything should run with no problems.

regards John van Houten

jceoms
31-Mar-2014, 06:11 AM
installing vdf18 occurred normally and have no javascript
done for us, just installed and ran the web order and received this error

Marcia Booth
31-Mar-2014, 09:32 AM
Hi Jceoms,

I sent you a private message about this the other day. When you have a chance, please check the items I listed so we can try to troubleshoot this with you.

Roel Westhoff [W4]
1-Apr-2014, 06:51 AM
Hello Daw,

Windows Server 2012
Visual Dataflex 17.1
Dataflex 18.0 b1

I'm getting the same error on a newly created Windows server 2012.
I've had a look at Kb 2461 but it is difficult to check because Server 2012 is different from 2008.

Visual Datflex 17.1 is working ok. DF18 and VDF17.1 use the samen defaultpool.

Roel

Vincent Oorsprong
1-Apr-2014, 07:57 AM
Roel,

The attachment did not make it.

Stephen W. Meeley
1-Apr-2014, 10:19 AM
Hi Roel,

Can you give me any details that may stand out about the server environment? I have a number of Server 2012 instances I can experiment with but have not been able to reproduce this. Did you install 17.1 and 18.0 in their respective default locations? Can you recall the order of installation (and any uninstalls)?

Roel Westhoff [W4]
1-Apr-2014, 11:21 AM
Hello Vincent and Stephen

Clean server. VDF17.1 installed first. Everything is working. Afterwards i installed df18b1 without any luck,
Before i installed df18b1 reboot. After installation df18b1 reboot.

Roel

Stephen W. Meeley
1-Apr-2014, 12:33 PM
Roel,

I just spun up a new server instance and installed in the same order and everything seems fine - I can run the examples from both 17.1 and 18.0 and create new projects in both. If you go into IIS and look at the weborder_17_1 and weborder_18 workspaces and examine the handler mappings you should see something like this for the .wso isapi handler...

Name: AboMapperCustom-XXXXX <-- this will be some value
Executable: [path]\Bin\waswsvc.dll <-- this will be the path to the 17.1 installation
Request Restrictions: All Verbs, Script

Name: AboMapperCustom-XXXXX <-- this will be some value and different from the one in 17.1
Executable: [path]\Bin\waswsvc.dll <-- this will be the path to the 18.0 installation
Request Restrictions: All Verbs, Script

Pay particular attention to the name and path and make sure that they are not the same or ambiguous.

Roel Westhoff [W4]
1-Apr-2014, 04:02 PM
Hello Stephen,

I checked

I think they are correct.
Roel

Stephen W. Meeley
1-Apr-2014, 05:52 PM
They do look correct. I'm not sure where to go from here. I've set up a bunch of these and never had a problem. I was hoping that the mapping would have been off because that would have at least explained the error and we could then find out why the mapping was off. Do you get the error on our workspaces or projects you have in place? If you create a new workspace / empty web project do you get the error on it (make sure you run the Studio with elevated rights so it can create the web share properly)?

Vincent Oorsprong
2-Apr-2014, 01:43 AM
Roel,

The difference between your two mappings is a long path (with spaces) and a short path. It is a shortcoming of IIS to not work correctly with long path names. Use the the 8.3 path notation (such as "c:\Program~1\DataFl~1\Bin\waswsvc.dll"

Roel Westhoff [W4]
2-Apr-2014, 11:33 AM
Hello Stephen and Vincent,

I'm getting the error on the weborder workspace and on a newly created test workspace. Same error. I'm logged in as Administrator.
@Vincent, not sure if 8.3 format in IIS is the problem. Why does VDF17.1 work and DF18 not? What changes are made ... i presume not many

Roel

Dennis Piccioni
2-Apr-2014, 12:02 PM
Hi Roel,

do you have the 18.0 beta working on another machine? If so, can you compare the virtual directory settings, handler mappings, etc. between those 2 systems?

Roel Westhoff [W4]
2-Apr-2014, 01:24 PM
Hello Dennis,

I did a reinstall in the D:\DF\DF18.0 directory and now everything is working correctly (from df\dataflex 18.0\)
Not sure if this is the solution but it help me out.

Roel

Dennis Piccioni
2-Apr-2014, 01:27 PM
Well I'm glad it's working for you.

Vincent Oorsprong
4-Apr-2014, 09:45 AM
Roel,

I say "spaces"...

Use the short file name way.

Stephen W. Meeley
4-Apr-2014, 10:46 AM
Roel,

I'll use this information to try to run this down more. Is D a local drive or network?