PDA

View Full Version : ShowInfoBalloon

FrankValcarcel
8-Feb-2014, 10:46 PM
Trying to understand how to use this. Per the "whats new" it look like it has the same functionality as send ShowInfoBox other than looking a little different.

What would be nice is the ability to have a balloon display when the user enters the field and stay there until they leave. This would allow multiple help levels to be supported.

I think it should be a property to turn it on/off rather than a message.

Does anyone have an idea how this is to be used?

John van Houten
9-Feb-2014, 07:25 PM
Frank,

Info Balloon is a non-modal information balloon that can be used to show contextual information for a control. ShowInfoBox will popup a modal dialog that the user must then click the OK button to proceed.

regards John van Houten

FrankValcarcel
9-Feb-2014, 07:49 PM
What is the difference between it an a tool tip?

Harm Wibier
10-Feb-2014, 07:46 AM
There are a few differences. It is stylable, it is bigger and it can be popped up manually without hovering it with the mouse.

I like the idea of the info balloon that comes up when the control receives the focus and hides when it loses the focus. You can do that already using OnFocus and OnBlur but it requires extra server calls. I'll put an automated version on the wish list.

FrankValcarcel
10-Feb-2014, 07:49 AM
Thanks. What we want to use it for is to do online training as people step through the system. Then as the user gets better the balloons get smaller and smaller.

Samuel Pizarro
10-Feb-2014, 09:45 AM
Nice approach!