PDA

View Full Version : What have we here?

matthewd
30-Jan-2014, 02:57 PM
File->New->Class->Import COM Automation

Scroll down... "DataFlex 18.0 Compiler (version 12.0)" (and more!)

Is this something new? Hmm, no function to load a workspace file... I guess you have to construct the makepath manually?

If this is for real then between this and the InstallShield COM interface, someday I may realize my dream of being able to compile all my programs and build all of the installers with a single click!

Michael Mullan
30-Jan-2014, 03:00 PM
Nah. That's always been there, or some version of it has.

You can build a process that will compile all the code in a workspace from it though.

Stephen W. Meeley
30-Jan-2014, 03:49 PM
Matt,

Not new and most definitely not supported at all (even a little tiny bit).

Michael Mullan
30-Jan-2014, 03:51 PM
Spoilsport. You're no fun at all any more.

matthewd
30-Jan-2014, 04:34 PM
I just thought it might be new because I didn't see 15.0 or 17.1 listed... oh well I guess I'll just stick with the RUNPROGRAM WAIT... shame to waste those idle cores when I need to recompile everything (although the last time I got 7 compilers running all at once my CPU nearly melted down).

Stephen W. Meeley
30-Jan-2014, 04:43 PM
Matt,

The older versions are simply further down the list because they will be listed under "Visual DataFlex" - not just "DataFlex".

matthewd
30-Jan-2014, 05:08 PM
Got it. Branding.

Which brings up a point I've meaning to mention. Some kind of filter or search capability would be nice on the Import ActiveX/COM windows. I just have a lot of stuff there and it can sometimes be difficult to find what I'm looking for...

Nils G. Svedmyr
31-Jan-2014, 06:57 AM
+1

I would also like to see a "Refresh" button because if you make any changes to COM component registrations after the Studio is started, you need to restart the Studio for the changes to be reflected. Sometimes that is not obvious...

matthewd
31-Jan-2014, 12:48 PM
+1

It turns out that is actually why I couldn't find the control I was looking for yesterday!

Pieter van Dieren
2-Feb-2014, 04:15 AM
+1

I would also like to see a "Refresh" button because if you make any changes to COM component registrations after the Studio is started, you need to restart the Studio for the changes to be reflected. Sometimes that is not obvious...

+1

And a much larger dialog by default.

phvwijk
2-Feb-2014, 04:24 PM
And a much larger dialog by default.

If the dialog remembers it sizing that is not needed.

Peter

Pieter van Dieren
3-Feb-2014, 03:02 AM
If the dialog remembers it sizing that is not needed.

True, but it does very small by default.