PDA

View Full Version : Table Viewer Issue

Chris Spencer
18-Jan-2014, 05:19 AM
The Table View does not use Coonection Ids

I have the following Coo ID setup for development is MSSQLDRV.int (DataFlex BIN Folder) as below

DFCONNECTIONID RMSSYSTEM, SERVER=CHRIS-PC\SQLEXPRESS;DATABASE=GBSERVICESv2;Trusted_Connec tion=yes, 1

Now I can use dbExplorer as I could in prior versions to open and browse the data table but when I try to view the data via Studio using the Table View option I get the attached error.

It seems the Studio has no knowledge at all of the connection ID

John Tuohy
20-Jan-2014, 01:41 PM
Do you have the same problem with table explorer and table editor and is this just in 18.0?

-John

Chris Spencer
20-Jan-2014, 02:30 PM
table editor is fine but not table explorerthis is just 18.0as mentioned dbexplorer works as expected as it does in prior versionsit is only the newly added viewer that does not understand connection ids (or so it seems)

John van Houten
20-Jan-2014, 03:17 PM
Chris,

Just checking to eliminate the obvious...

* Did this just happen once, or does it happen with every MSSQL table you try to open in table viewer?

* Is it still happening?

* If you are able to open the table in Table Editor (I assume you mean the Studio Table Editor), what happens if you then try to open the same table in Table Viewer (while it is still open in Table Editor). p.s. Do not change the table in Table Editor while you try this.

The reason why I would like you to perform these experiments is because it is exactly the same code that opens the table, whether it is open for Table Editor, Table Explorer or Table Viewer. The only different occurs when you start editing the table structure in Table Editor (but to get to this point the table was already opened the regular way). So from a logical point of view, it does not make sense that Table Editor can open the file but Table Explorer or Table Viewer cannot. Makes it sound like something else is going on.

regards John van Houten
Data Access Corporation

Chris Spencer
20-Jan-2014, 03:37 PM
John

Ok strage voodoo

When I posted this it was every table, I could not view the data in any of them.

I have now (this morning) just rechecked and the table viewer now displays the data!!!!!

Arrgh!

John van Houten
20-Jan-2014, 05:05 PM
This forum needs a "strange voodoo" emoticon.

chuckatkinson
21-Jan-2014, 09:53 AM

Bob Worsley
21-Jan-2014, 10:04 AM
7311How do we make that into an emoticon?

John van Houten
21-Jan-2014, 07:50 PM
Chris,

We have found and fixed an error that might be related to the problem you were reporting. This happens when you have Table Viewer and Table Editor both open to the same table (this is OK so far), then you edit the structure of that table. This is also allowed by the Studio but currently if you try that you will get errors and will need to close the workspace to recover.

Anyhow that will be fixed in the next Alpha.

regards John van Houten