PDA

View Full Version : DataFlex 2014 - 18.0 Alpha 1 Download

Stephen W. Meeley
15-Jan-2014, 09:08 AM
Data Access Worldwide is pleased to announce the availability of DataFlex 2014 - 18.0 - Alpha 1!

You can download the latest build at:

ftp://ftp.dataaccess.com/pub/products/dataflex/software/testing/

You will find very detailed documentation about the changes in the product in the What's New section of the Help.

Testing Goals

Many of the changes in DataFlex 18.0 involve adding new features. If you are not using these new features, your application should work as before (except as noted below). We would appreciate it if you would move your applications to the Alpha and verify that everything works as it did.

The documentation in the What's New contains notes on compatibility issues for each new feature. Please read them.

The only known compatibility issue is related to DataFlex 17.1 Web Framework applications that use manually loaded lists and grids. The improvements in those controls required a change to a struct and there are minor changes required to application code that directly manipulates that struct. The What's New has detailed instructions.

Next, we'd like you to try out the new features. You can start by looking at the changes made to the Web Order sample and, of course, reading the What's New completely.

Please don't wait for a beta or release candidate to start testing.

The sooner these changes are tested, the better.

Please use this Forum for all discussions about DataFlex 2014 - 18.0.

Data Access Worldwide

Mike Peat
15-Jan-2014, 10:24 AM
Good going guys - very fast after 17.1! I am downloading now.

Mike

IJmert
15-Jan-2014, 10:32 AM
:o

Let's see the new stuf. Downloading right now.

Next month we're just going to roll out VDF17.1 to our customers.

Jim Albright
15-Jan-2014, 11:40 PM
I too have downloaded 18.0A. Since I have upgraded my customers my customers to 17.1, I am ready to test 18.0A. Thanks for fast work.

altechso
19-Jan-2014, 10:00 PM
Very good idea of checking the basic configuration of the web environment. This will help many DataFlex developers who are still taking the first steps in programming for the web, using the DataFlex. I loved.

kelly
20-Jan-2014, 01:12 AM
Stephen,

Well done team on the fast release of 18.0

I can't remember where the list of bugs fixed is found.

Can you please point me in the right direction? I looked in the help but didn't find it as yet.

altechso
20-Jan-2014, 07:51 AM
Hi, Stephen.
When I test the weborder_18, the error appears: "Error processing request: Error parsing Web Service Meta Data: The schemaLocation attribute does not contain pairs of values"
Could you help-me?

Garret Mott
20-Jan-2014, 08:22 AM
Help, Contents, What's New, Bugs Fixed

Dennis Piccioni
20-Jan-2014, 09:35 AM
That's probably not available yet. Once it is, you'll b able to see it where Garret said in the help, and in BugTracker (http://www.dataaccess.com/BugTracker).

Stephen W. Meeley
20-Jan-2014, 09:39 AM
Kelly,

The fixed bugs and suggestions lists are not in place yet. The bulk of that process happens during Alpha and Beta - not before.

kelly
20-Jan-2014, 12:35 PM
Hello Stephen,

I was looking to see whether 6577 is implemented (the CjGrid pkg fix you sent me for the focus problem).

Are you able to tell me whether it is?

altechso
20-Jan-2014, 01:10 PM
Hi, Stephen.
When I test the weborder_18, the error appears: "Error processing request: Error parsing Web Service Meta Data: The schemaLocation attribute does not contain pairs of values"
Could you help-me?

jceoms
20-Jan-2014, 01:21 PM
this is happening to me too

Stephen W. Meeley
20-Jan-2014, 01:28 PM
Yes, the same change made for 17.1 is included in 18.0.

Dennis Piccioni
20-Jan-2014, 01:28 PM
It's in the "Needs Testing" stage now, which means it's implemented, but needs QA verification.

kelly
20-Jan-2014, 01:31 PM
Cool.

Keep me posted :-)

Dennis Piccioni
20-Jan-2014, 01:44 PM
At some point, it will be flagged as Fixed and made public, then you'll be able to look it up in BugTracker yourself.

Gregg Finney
20-Jan-2014, 02:21 PM
Keep me posted. I like that.

Raphael Theiler
21-Jan-2014, 05:36 AM
Good going guys - very fast after 17.1! I am downloading now.

Mike
Don't forget about the alpha of 17.1 which was out a long time before the beta...

Harm Wibier
21-Jan-2014, 05:41 AM
Don't forget about the alpha of 17.1 which was out a long time before the beta...
Note that we had a brand new framework in 17.1 that needed a lot of testing.

Raphael Theiler
21-Jan-2014, 09:36 AM
Yes, it was a huge change and I'm glad you did it. It was worth waiting. And I'm looking forward to 18.0, although I'm going to wait until you release the beta ;)

DaveR
21-Jan-2014, 06:08 PM
300 or so SDI programs, 12 libraries converted and compiled with no hiccups.

Richard Hogg
21-Jan-2014, 06:48 PM
Great work Dave and to the DAW guys.....performing an admiring golf clap.

Think I'll have a beer to celebrate your achievement Dave :cool:

Sam Neuner
23-Jan-2014, 09:58 AM
When I attempt to migrate a 17.1 sws that has VRW (I created a 18.0 VRW sws), it is looking in the incorrect path for the VRW sws. It is looking for the Library in my development folder, not the VRW install folder.

Dennis Piccioni
23-Jan-2014, 10:02 AM
Hi Sam,

we're going to need a bit more information to track that down, for starters the .SWS file, if you could post it.

Sam Neuner
23-Jan-2014, 10:43 AM
[Properties]
Version=17.1
[WorkspacePaths]
ConfigFile=.\Programs\Config.ws
[TestProjects]
TestWindowsProject=TestProject.src
[Conditionals]
Is$WebApp=True
[Projects]
Project1=TestProject.src
Project2=Testing.src
Project3=WebApp.src
[Libraries]
Lib1=Libraries\Visual Report Writer 3.0\Visual Report Writer 17.1.sws

Vincent Oorsprong
23-Jan-2014, 11:41 AM
Sam, Dennis,

While it is good to look at the problems regarding workspace migration you better remove the library from the workspace and after conversion attach the new library (download from http://www.dataaccess.eu/vrw30libdownload). If you don't do this the library contains code that will not work in v18.0 web applications and besides that the integration wizard will still produce v17.1 code.

Sam Neuner
23-Jan-2014, 06:25 PM
Thanks.

DaveR
29-Jan-2014, 01:36 PM
:mad:

DaveR
29-Jan-2014, 01:37 PM
Hmmm, spotted a difference in a program that uses CJ classes. Will dig further

DaveR
29-Jan-2014, 01:38 PM
Great work Dave and to the DAW guys.....performing an admiring golf clap.

Think I'll have a beer to celebrate your achievement Dave :cool:

I'll have you know those were the toughest 15 minutes of the week. The Keurig was broken and I had to boil water #multitasking ;)

Gregg Finney
29-Jan-2014, 01:54 PM
The Keurig was broken and I had to boil water #multitasking

Don't tell me you are using a single cup machine. When coffee machine is broken do this. Take a coffee filter or in your case a paper towel and put coffee in center. Warp it up tightly and twist the top end. Then take a 1 foot long piece of dental floss (un-waxed is better) and tie knot around top. Place microwave safe coffee mug in microwave and heat 2 mins at high setting. A the size of a golf ball is good for two cups. Let cup sit in microwave for 1 min. to brew, then dunk the filter until desired strength and color.

DaveR
30-Jan-2014, 11:55 AM
Don't tell me you are using a single cup machine. When coffee machine is broken do this. Take a coffee filter or in your case a paper towel and put coffee in center. Warp it up tightly and twist the top end. Then take a 1 foot long piece of dental floss (un-waxed is better) and tie knot around top. Place microwave safe coffee mug in microwave and heat 2 mins at high setting. A the size of a golf ball is good for two cups. Let cup sit in microwave for 1 min. to brew, then dunk the filter until desired strength and color.

Of course I am. The two people who make pots of coffee in this office use respectively some foul fake arabica or maxwell house! I want my Trinidad or Blue Mountain, hence the very selfish Keurig. Fixed it anyway so all well....

Gregg Finney
30-Jan-2014, 12:32 PM
If that's the case then I can see the Keurig would be needed. I'll have to try that Blue Mountain, if I can find some.