PDA

View Full Version : conditional formatting

wstansbury
11-Dec-2013, 09:48 AM
I have created a table and then a guage based upon the table. I would like to apply conditional formatting to the NOD Age column using the same the intervals of the guage (0-35 = green, 35-45=yellow, >45 = red) . -- please see attached pdf

I used the following formula to calculate NOD Age = cast(getdate()-status_date as integer)

I tried using the Conditional Formatting table in the List Options tab but had no luck.

Please help.

Bob Cergol
11-Dec-2013, 10:05 AM
Hi Wayne,

Can I see your report design to see how you are applying the conditional formatting in the design of the report. It should work easily.

For the benefit of others, note that the conditional formatting found on list options in report design only applies to charts defined in the report itself. In the case of the "tile type" graphics, which is what is shown in Wayne's attachment, those are defined in a dashboard/package, and a simple rule script in the report defines the value ranges for the colors.

Bob

Bob Cergol
11-Dec-2013, 10:21 AM
P.S. I think conditional formatting in a report expects a drill-down path, with details in own listing. So in case you don't have that, you'll have to introduce it into your report -- even if it seems redundant.

wstansbury
11-Dec-2013, 01:25 PM
here are the list option and table screenshots

Bob Cergol
11-Dec-2013, 01:37 PM
Wayne,

I think it will work if you just check the box labeled "detail records in own listing"

If you must retain the status date, then if there is a one-to-one correspondence between it and the case number (probably so) you can add it to your grouping as a caption to the case number, other wise you'll have to make a formula column that casts the case number as a string, convert the date to a string in whatever format you wish (search SQL docs for Convert command) and concatenate them together and group on that single column. Something like:

+ Column Name: Case # and Date
Formula: cast(case_num as varchar) + ' | ' + (convert(char,[Status_Date,101))

Bob

wstansbury
11-Dec-2013, 02:24 PM
Everything now works fine but need one more favor when I put in the numbers in the table below (35|90 // 45|100) I get the color coding but it is the opposite (red for the lower numbers and green for the higher numbers). What would I need to put in for green = 0 to 35, yellow = 35 to 45 and red >45?

Conditional Formatting

Value Range 1
35|90

Value Range 2
45|100

Bob Cergol
11-Dec-2013, 02:33 PM
Can you just reverse the entries, i.e. swap the entries you made for value range 1 and 2.

wstansbury
11-Dec-2013, 04:17 PM
Got it!
Thanks for your help Bob